Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Maybe they still had the old deadline on the calendar? :lol:

I really hope people aren't gullible enough to fall for this one again.

Its clearly just a lie the chronicle are gobbling up.

I’m not sure. Didn’t the exact same thing happen in January late in the window? Was announced Rafa had the green light to bring in three players and we got Dubravka, Kenedy and Slimani. Can see us getting Rondon, the PSG kid and a centre-back in a similar sort of way.

It did happen though.

Dubs and Slimani were on the 31st, Kenedy came in a week before closing.

Guest firetotheworks

I’m not sure. Didn’t the exact same thing happen in January late in the window? Was announced Rafa had the green light to bring in three players and we got Dubravka, Kenedy and Slimani. Can see us getting Rondon, the PSG kid and a centre-back in a similar sort of way.

It did happen though.

It can't possibly have happened because by the time the green light was given the players that Rafa actually wanted were gone. I agree that a green light was given or whatever, but when it's still limited to 2nd, 3rd, and 4th choice players, calling it the green light is a gross overstatement.

It's actually more than £10m more than our biggest signing under Ashley. £14m for Wijnaldum is the most we've spent under Ashley

It's not really that surprising that we're toothless up front when we've never bought a striker worth more than £10m give or take...

It did happen though.

January 16th, SSN broke with the news saying Benítez had been given the green light to sign three new players.

It did happen though.

January 16th, SSN broke with the news saying Benítez had been given the green light to sign three new players.

BIT DIFFERENT THAN 4 DAYS BEFORE THE CLOSE OF THE WINDOW INNIT AND THOSE 3 WEREN'T SIGNED THEY WERE LOANED

As if this green light thing is anything to be happy about. We are less than a week away from the end of the transfer window and Rafa has been give the green light to sign 2-3 cheap players when he has said that we are 4-5 players away from him being happy with the squad.

Even if we were to disregard other transfer windows when Rafa has been here and not been fully backed, he should have been given the green light to sing players as soon as we had finished our game against Chelsea in May, and if not then, then certainly towards the end of the World Cup tournament.

We only signed 1 player then and this was only because our clause to buy him cheaply was expiring, even then we still tried to shift a load on before we made that deal.

Giving Rafa the green light to sign players this close to the end of the window with that budget is like giving someone the green light to join the motorway on their mobility scooter after you have asked them to sell their Honda.

As if this green light thing is anything to be happy about. We are less than a week away from the end of the transfer window and Rafa has been give the green light to sign 2-3 cheap players when he has said that we are 4-5 players away from him being happy with the squad.

Even if we were to disregard other transfer windows when Rafa has been here and not been fully backed, he should have been given the green light to song players as soon as we had finished our game against Chelsea in May, and if not then, then certainly towards the end of the World Cup tournament.

We only signed 1 player then and this was only because our clause to buy him cheaply was expiring, even then we still tried to shift a load on before we made that deal.

Giving Rafa the green light to sign players this close to the end of the window with that budget is like giving someone the green light to join the motorway on their mobility scooter after you have asked them to sell their Honda.

Howling. :lol:

Fucking woeful as usual. We won't even get all three of those greenlit players in. Still yet another window passes without getting the AM we are desperate for. While we did have a brief flirt with wijnaldum we still haven't bloody replace Kevin Nolan.

So much hope.

Fucking woeful as usual. We won't even get all three of those greenlit players in. Still yet another window passes without getting the AM we are desperate for. While we did have a brief flirt with wijnaldum we still haven't bloody replace Kevin Nolan.

So much hope.

Not sure Nolan is a Rafa type player tbh.

It did happen though.

BIT DIFFERENT THAN 4 DAYS BEFORE THE CLOSE OF THE WINDOW INNIT AND THOSE 3 WEREN'T SIGNED THEY WERE LOANED

And it’ll likely be three players we’ve been linked with for a week or so and this is just ‘getting them over the line’.

Even if we were to disregard other transfer windows when Rafa has been here and not been fully backed, he should have been given the green light to song players as soon as we had finished our game against Chelsea in May, and if not then, then certainly towards the end of the World Cup tournament.

Howling. :lol:

Stifler's analogies are something else. :lol:

Can we loan Kenedy, Rondon and Ings? Thought it was limited to 2 domestic loans

As it says there possible if obligation to buy. Dunno if that’s true but the northern echo seem to think so

Isn't Ings permanently crocked?

He’s had 3 fairly major injuries. I’d be more concerned if he was constantly picking up niggly ones. Hasn’t played much in 3 years though, so no idea how good he’d be. The obligation to buy is only if we stay up so we’ll just send him back.