Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Ryder:

The shutters haven’t yet come down on Newcastle’s shopping on deadline day just yet. But things need to happen quickly in the next couple of hours. Rafa Benitez wanted four in today and has managed two so far. Jacob Murphy’s exit could spark something in terms of a winger, but things are looking ominous for Isaac Hayden after the Samaris deal hit the buffers earlier

Almiron feels like an enormous signing because the fee is so much higher than what you'd expect during this (especially  depressing and hopeless) period of the Ashley era. It doesn't change the fact that the level of investment this season, after such a brilliant couple of years - regaining our place as a top half Premier League club - is totally unacceptable. We've still turned a profit on transfer fees and even if we'd secured Rondon and Kenedy on permanent deals, we'd be looking at an outlay of about £40million, which is a pretty meagre investment in the grand scheme of things.

Then, of course, there's the other assets which continue to be neglected, like the training ground/academy/stadium. The Mercedes-Benz Stadium looks like an incredible place to play football; if the rest of Atlanta United's infrastructure matches the glossy, impressive stature of that place - Almiron's going to be wondering why he's traded it all in for our outdated facilities.

I suspect we're still a very long way off matching Rafa's ambition and I doubt we'll ever get there.

It's too late for anything now, which is a shame because we needed at least another 1 or 2 minimum. We've addressed 2 important gaps but still feels like it's the absolute bare minimum, although if the greek midfielder wanted to stay and others couldn't leave, then there's nowt we can do about that really.

If we were looking to do more than bare minimum (less) than we would have done so already. Not a shock or anything unexpected, but somehow it still feels shit, especially after being on a high for a very brief amount of time after the win against City. It really felt good and even made one to forget about all the shit for a moment. Wish we could have that feeling more often..

We need to spend big again in the summer if we stay up on at least one player to impress Benitez.

We should breaking our transfer record again on a long term replacement for Diame, a winger or a striker that make us into a top 10 team.

We need to spend big again in the summer if we stay up on at least one player to impress Benitez.

We should breaking our transfer record again on a long term replacement for Diame, a winger or a striker that make us into a top 10 team.

A proper top 10 team is a couple of years off still, ,the biggest signing we can do from now is the one of Rafa.  O0

I think this transfer window so far as it stands is a good one, however because of previous ones it still leaves us short and is overall still not good enough.

I’m very excited about Almiron though, and I’m happy Dummett has competition and hopefully we can push Dummett to the bench, which if people are honest, is where he belongs.

I feel sorry for Hayden. He has been very professional, but once again he is not allowed move closer to his family.

He could probably afford to get a taxi down to see his family every day after training, the poor lamb.