Transfer rumours

Yorkie

How have we not managed to ship Gayle to a champo team man? :lol:

Add regards Joelinton being Mitro mkII time will tell but the difference appears to be pace at this stage. Maybe they learned their lesson on that one.

By all accounts Bruce wants to keep him

Says everything about Bruce, but I mean he doesn't get a say surely.

They'll just be asking for a daft price.

He's goals down there ffs.

£15m was the asking price last I heard. I know he'll get goals down there, but no one's going to pay that for a 30yr old.

I think Almiron is the key.  He is so adept at creating space that he makes everyone else better.  I just hope Brucie lets him play.  I'm not convinced he will.

He needs to score as at the minute he cant hit a barn door he seems to be like Lee Clark once he gets into the box

I think Almiron is the key.  He is so adept at creating space that he makes everyone else better.  I just hope Brucie lets him play.  I'm not convinced he will.

He played a lovely reverse pass wide through to the wing back for the Joelinton goal vs Hibs :thup:

He’ll need to score goals if he’s going to play off Joelinton as our second striker though.

Big risk having him as our 1st choice second striker when he hasn’t even scored yet.

More worried about goals than anything under Bruce.

The “expansive football” will prove to be mythical just like it has been his whole managerial career.

I think having two of the midfielders pushing forward from the midfield three is going to contribute to goals and creating of chances this season. It's a factor I don't think is being accounted for.

Think Longstaff is going to have a big season because of it. Provided he can keep fit. Ideally I'd like to see both he and Almiron in those positions ahead of Shelvey, in the midfield three.

I think having two of the midfielders pushing forward from the midfield three is going to contribute to goals and creating of chances this season. It's a factor I don't think is being accounted for.

Think Longstaff is going to have a big season because of it. Provided he can keep fit. Ideally I'd like to see both he and Almiron in those positions ahead of Shelvey, in the midfield three.

Agree.

He was excellent in his old role but has the talent to flourish in that new role.

However Hayden won’t offer us goals in that new role and it’s diffecult to be confident Almiron will get 10 goals as a our second striker.

= Goal issues.

I don't think Hayden can actually sit though despite being considered our most defensive midfielder

True. He’s actually the midfielder that ends up in the most offensive positions.

Shelvey has been playing in a deep quarterback role under Bruce.

Longstaff and Hayden have been playing box to box they’ll both need to get goals in their roles next season.

Bruce has been waxing lyrical about him in pre season but yeah obviously a concern in the long run. Would rather us do the 5-2-3 / 3-4-3 Rafa formation and bench Shelvey and allow Max/Joelinton/Almiron play up top together.

That's how I'd like to see us play too.  Don't want to see 3 midfielders especially when 2 of them will most likely be plodders.  Hayden and Longstaff would be my best pairing.  Three at the back with Willem and Yedlin bombing down the sides.  I know a lot of people don't like Yedlin and I understand why but he still has great pace.

Dubravka

Fernandez lascelles Schar

Krafth                                    Willems

Shelvey

Hayden      Longstaff 

Saint maximin        Almiron

Joelinton

Dubravka

Shelvey

Hayden      Longstaff 

Joelinton

That's 12.  Subtract Shelvey :)

Dubravka

Shelvey

Hayden      Longstaff 

Joelinton

Bruce is definitely the type of manager who'd try this team.

Dubravka

Shelvey

Hayden      Longstaff 

Joelinton

Being able to count to 11 would help CDM

Most likely?

Dubravka

Schär -  Lascelles  - Lejeune

Yedlin/Kraft?                                            Ritchie

Shelvey - Hayden

Almiron                  Saint-Maximin

Joe

So basically 3-4-2-1 or 5-2-2-1.

Most likely?

Dubravka

Schär -  Lascelles  - Lejeune

Yedlin/Kraft?                                            Ritchie

Shelvey - Hayden

Almiron                  Saint-Maximin

Joe

So basically 3-4-2-1 or 5-2-2-1.

Bruce has been playing 1 or 2 forwards in pre-season though. We won’t see Miggy-Joey-Maxi together I’m afraid.