Transfer rumours

Yorkie

I’d rather have Lejeune over Stones, he’s certainly not a 30M upgrade on him. Stones has got some serious flaws in his game and hasn’t improved these at City. That’s a real concern.

Mad that this is even been discussed tbh.

Honestly going forward with money lejeune lascelles schar is for me a fine set up who would be fine as we start to push on. Lascelles is limited but covers for the other two in last ditch defending and speed. Pretty much everywhere else needs an upgrade

People are vastly over rating our CB’s. It’s one thing sitting deep in a back 5 with a bank of 4 in front of you but it’s a different game when we’re gonna be pushed up the pitch trying to press teams.

I agree that CB is probably the last position that needs improvement in the short term. Lejeune over Stones though... Come on. :lol: Even if there's room to suggest one is better than the other, one plays regularly while the other has been injured more than available for a start.

If we want to be taken as a serious threat in all competitions then we need a squad full of quality players. Having someone like John stones on our books is exactly what we need. Until we get Champions League football we can't turn our noses up at these type of players.

If we want to be taken as a serious threat in all competitions then we need a squad full of quality players. Having someone like John stones on our books is exactly what we need. Until we get Champions League football we can't turn our noses up at these type of players.

We’ve got 4 quality CBs, five really when you include Clark

How many do you actually want?  :lol:

There’s some strange revisionism on here regarding our defenders, we’ve got a real good bunch

Schar and lejeune are very technically gifted and schar in particular has awesome threat going forward. I wouldnt turn my nose up at stones if offered but if we have to prioritize it woldn't be a significant percentage of transfer costs.

We’ve got 4 quality CBs, five really when you include Clark

How many do you actually want?  :lol:

There’s some strange revisionism on here regarding our defenders, we’ve got a real good bunch

Completely forgetting aswell we have to abide by ffp and we’re going to need 10-12 players as it, add in the fact it’s generally considered a bad idea to bring In Toomany players at once

Yeah I like all of our centre backs but we can certainly upgrade.

Clark has been a great servant but we can do better. Fede has been solid but again we could do better. I like Lejeune but I don't rate him as highly as others on here

Everyone is upgradeable with the right funds, the issue is keeping to ffp we don't have unlimited funds if we have 150/200m to spend we need 2 strikers, midfielder, left back and right back first and thats the money already well spent I recon.

How many of our centre-backs would you put in the top 6 clubs?

Probably none. Hard to say as others have mentioned we play a system that suits them. Maybe Schar and Lejeune could get in as backups. That’s not the point though, we will be limited by ffp. If a time comes when cb is our weakest position, we can go out and get one.

Schar was looking incredible at both ends of the pitch towards the end of last season. Just look at that Leicester away performance, he was aggressive in stepping up and really looking the part.

Lejeune’s reading of the game coupled with his footballing ability was integral when he was fit. Rafa has spoken over and over how highly he rates Lejeune. The only issue is his injuries may have really taken out his durability. So a question mark really over if he is able to return to his best.

If we solved our issues in center midfield and fullbacks we’d have no issues with operating on 2 or 3 CBs. But we’ve had to rely mostly on a 5 man def because our fullbacks are generally weak in attack and our center midfielders have also been hit and miss. Always struggle to retain possession and use it wisely.

Schar was looking incredible at both ends of the pitch towards the end of last season. Just look at that Leicester away performance, he was aggressive in stepping up and really looking the part.

Lejeune’s reading of the game coupled with his footballing ability was integral when he was fit. Rafa has spoken over and over how highly he rates Lejeune. The only issue is his injuries may have really taken out his durability. So a question mark really over if he is able to return to his best.

Probably none. Hard to say as others have mentioned we play a system that suits them. Maybe Schar and Lejeune could get in as backups. That’s not the point though, we will be limited by ffp. If a time comes when cb is our weakest position, we can go out and get one.

This is it, with FFP we will be limited as to what we can spend, the logical thing is to focus on your weakest areas and that is not at centre back

Crying out for strikers, CMs and wing backs more than anything else. Keeper is canny, like our little squad of CBs mostly, like ASM and Almiron but after than it's pretty chronic really.

Stones would be a massive waste of money.

Agreed- not a fan myself.  Don't think we've an issue with CBs - need to focus on Midfield and a striker !!

This is it, with FFP we will be limited as to what we can spend, the logical thing is to focus on your weakest areas and that is not at centre back

Think the FFP talk is a bit of a red herring. £150m is the figure being banded around and the doesnt take sales into account. Furthermore, the rules are likely to be relaxed and there will be alot more value in the market due to the current climate.

There is a huge amount going in our favour here.

Think the FFP talk is a bit of a red herring. £150m is the figure being banded around and the doesnt take sales into account. Furthermore, the rules are likely to be relaxed and there will be alot more value in the market due to the current climate.

There is a huge amount going in our favour here.

I'm with you - it really does seem to be a perfect storm for someone who wanted to bootstrap their club to the next level. Between clubs desperate for cashflow, a league desperate for transfer fees to wash around and players afraid the good times might be coming to an end - I think there's the prospect of player turnover well in excess of what many expect