Transfer rumours

Yorkie

I think Chris Wood be a solid signing. He's a polished striker, and would be part of the furniture in a Bruce setup.

He's the kind of player we should have signed ages ago. If we're going to be a functional but quite shit team, we may as well get the right tools for the job.

Newcastle haven't been functional since the day Rafa left, and won't be until the day a new owner makes a solid appointment.

Newcastle under Mike Ashley have consistently hired managers that do not work with the approach to recruitment. This has always been the issue.

Mike Ashley wants one of the boys he can have a pint with as manager. It's ridiculous and annoying, yes, but it could feasibly 'work' if you let them get the type of players that work with their approach. Work in the sense of an Allardyce's Bolton or a Dyche's Burnley who were both European teams, and so it won't be the prettiest necessarily. Under Bruce it shouldn't be quite that ugly hopefully.

Don't know why it's been so difficult to just get the basics of allowing the manager to bring in the types of players he wants all of these years. Absolutely crazy stuff.

But if you buy the type of players the PFM managers want to work with, there's no resale value in big hard cloggers. I mean they might keep you up, but no club who wants to go anywhere will want to buy them, so Big Mike wouldn't be happy about that.

Well, he has to pick his poison. It's been the problem all along.

Either go with the preferred recruitment policy and get in a manager that can make it work, or pick one of your pub buddies and give up the idea of young foreign talent and bigger resale values.

Guy wants to have his cake and eat it, and it is just a waste of time.

He's desperate to get out - more so than ever it seems. He's more than likely sacked off that transfer policy and is instead just opting for the absolute bare minimum investment (more so than normal) to keep our head above water until he finds a buyer.

Yeah, hopefully that's the case. Him getting out.

Guest reefatoon

Enquired about Rhian Brewster on loan with loads of other clubs apparently.

Liverpool didn't want us as one of the rich competing teams, but no doubt they will be happy for us to be the equivalent of their reserve team.

Things will start heating up now I think as we try and discuss loans. Apparently we wont cover full salary but I'm looking forward to missing out on key players as we offer 70% of their wage instead of 100%

Things will start heating up now I think as we try and discuss loans. Apparently we wont cover full salary but I'm looking forward to missing out on key players as we offer 70% of their wage instead of 100%

The lows will continue when we get turned down by that league one player. Fancy bruce to piss away anything we have on smelling and lindegard who will absolutely bomb. Manure connections though.

Guest reefatoon

Let’s just sell Joelinton for £40m that should help the kitty. Oh wait, we were the only daft cunts willing to splaff all that on the knacker.