Transfer rumours

Yorkie

I like Chris Wood. He's 29 this year though, and so it is now clear that they were just being spiteful to Benitez when they refused to sign Rondon. Such weirdos.

Anyway these are the types of players that suit Bruce's style of play and whole approach. Ironically, I could see him do better if he's given these types we're being linked with.

Better than continuing to mess up any young foreign players that need more direction, developing and coaching. This has been such a pointless recruiting approach, while continuing to not put in place the type of manager to make the most of it.

Things will be far less annoying this way. It will all be on him now, no more blaming Benitez and all that nonsense.

Fuck me. The descent of our transfer rumours back to Reality under Bruce and Ashley. This is going to be even grimmer, somehow.

Turning into Sunderland, some cheap shit/mediocre signings then pumped full of loans that don't give a toss and fuck off when we get relegated. To think we have a team that was likeable and fought for the shirt. Can see that culture completely rotted out this year and those on the up under Rafa will regress further. Gayle and Ritchie will get games though.

Article suggest Burnley value him at £13mil which I don't believe is true

Transfermarkt do too, odd that.

Chronicle were saying Anita cost £8m earlier. Transfermarkt has the fee down as £7.65m but because they operate on Euros, they use today’s exchange rate so the fee is out. So lazy. :lol:

I think Chris Wood be a solid signing. He's a polished striker, and would be part of the furniture in a Bruce setup.

He's the kind of player we should have signed ages ago. If we're going to be a functional but quite shit team, we may as well get the right tools for the job.

I think Chris Wood be a solid signing. He's a polished striker, and would be part of the furniture in a Bruce setup.

He's the kind of player we should have signed ages ago. If we're going to be a functional but quite shit team, we may as well get the right tools for the job.

Newcastle haven't been functional since the day Rafa left, and won't be until the day a new owner makes a solid appointment.

Newcastle haven't been functional since the day Rafa left, and won't be until the day a new owner makes a solid appointment.

Newcastle under Mike Ashley have consistently hired managers that do not work with the approach to recruitment. This has always been the issue.

Mike Ashley wants one of the boys he can have a pint with as manager. It's ridiculous and annoying, yes, but it could feasibly 'work' if you let them get the type of players that work with their approach. Work in the sense of an Allardyce's Bolton or a Dyche's Burnley who were both European teams, and so it won't be the prettiest necessarily. Under Bruce it shouldn't be quite that ugly hopefully.

Don't know why it's been so difficult to just get the basics of allowing the manager to bring in the types of players he wants all of these years. Absolutely crazy stuff.

Newcastle under Mike Ashley have consistently hired managers that do not work with the approach to recruitment. This has always been the issue.

Mike Ashley wants one of the boys he can have a pint with as manager. It's ridiculous and annoying, yes, but it could feasibly 'work' if you let them get the type of players that work with their approach. Work in the sense of an Allardyce's Bolton or a Dyche's Burnley who were both European teams, and so it won't be the prettiest necessarily. Under Bruce it shouldn't be quite that ugly hopefully.

Don't know why it's been so difficult to just get the basics of allowing the manager to bring in the types of players he wants all of these years. Absolutely crazy stuff.

Irony being he had his perfect manager here when he bought the club.

But if you buy the type of players the PFM managers want to work with, there's no resale value in big hard cloggers. I mean they might keep you up, but no club who wants to go anywhere will want to buy them, so Big Mike wouldn't be happy about that.

But if you buy the type of players the PFM managers want to work with, there's no resale value in big hard cloggers. I mean they might keep you up, but no club who wants to go anywhere will want to buy them, so Big Mike wouldn't be happy about that.

Well, he has to pick his poison. It's been the problem all along.

Either go with the preferred recruitment policy and get in a manager that can make it work, or pick one of your pub buddies and give up the idea of young foreign talent and bigger resale values.

Guy wants to have his cake and eat it, and it is just a waste of time.

Either go with the preferred recruitment policy and get in a manager that can make it work, or pick one of your pub buddies and give up the idea of young foreign talent and bigger resale values.

He's desperate to get out - more so than ever it seems. He's more than likely sacked off that transfer policy and is instead just opting for the absolute bare minimum investment (more so than normal) to keep our head above water until he finds a buyer.

Only really worked once with the Sissoko, Cabaye etc.

Yes, indeed. The ones that did kind of work out were with players that were a bit more akin to the typical premier league player.

And yet they didn't even have the sense to look for more like that who were a bit tougher, physical, or high energy etc.

It's been an absolute farce really. Completely blew it with the likes of Ben Arfa, Thauvin, Cabella, Marveaux and Saivet. Just flushing money down the toilet bringing in players like this under the likes of Pardew.

And that's not to say they would have all been a roaring success, but the right type of manager would have got far more use out of most of those guys. I mean for a start, maybe get a manager from the league you keep buying all of them from?!

So frustrating man.

He's desperate to get out - more so than ever it seems. He's more than likely sacked off that transfer policy and is instead just opting for the absolute bare minimum investment (more so than normal) to keep our head above water until he finds a buyer.

You are probably right there, even the under 25 policy will have been jettisoned as that was only applied for big money signings, and we won't be getting any of them again in a hurry.