Transfer rumours

Yorkie

27 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I don’t get this at all. He literally knew this was how it was. He ditched his previous team after they gave him compassionate leave, he’s a scum landlord, he’s spent his whole time here taking shots at rafa, calling us a small club. If Ted Bundy calls you up and asks you to hang out you can’t act surprised when he murders someone 

Not defending Bruce at all but Rafa knew exactly what he was getting in to and new exactly what the situation was when he stayed to get us back up. If Bruce walks I’ll have at least a small level of respect for him. If he stays fuck him

E-IyeCDXIAYUeh5?format=jpg&name=medium

Exactly 10 years on and nothing has changed :lol: I’d imagine we’ve had more deals that have fallen through rather than successful ones.

On the bright side, only 17 more sleeps until the next home game. Support the team. Fuck da haterz. Give Ashley your money. Let’s all have a good day out.

22 minutes ago, The Janitor said:

Christ almighty.

At no point do I not think Bruce is a cunt but if your argument is he knew what he was getting in to well don’t be a hypocrite because so did Rafa and hughton and Shearer & every other manager since Keegan.  I have respect for Rafa & Keegan for walking. If Bruce stays then fuck him 

5 minutes ago, gdm said:

At no point do I not think Bruce is a cunt but if your argument is he knew what he was getting in to well don’t be a hypocrite because so did Rafa and hughton and Shearer & every other manager since Keegan.  I have respect for Rafa & Keegan for walking. If Bruce stays then fuck him 

Shearer walked too like. Refused to sign on in that summer.

Those three didn’t constantly play down expectations to fans in the media, or say what a fantastic relationship they have with Ashley and what wonderful business we have done/are doing.

Bruce has licked his mouldy little ring piece and discredited the fans. He’s totally different to the others mentioned, even if he did walk (he won’t).

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Shearer walked too like. Refused to sign on in that summer.

Those three didn’t constantly play down expectations to fans in the media, or say what a fantastic relationship they have with Ashley and what wonderful business we have done/are doing.

Bruce has licked his mouldy little ring piece and discredited the fans. He’s totally different to the others mentioned, even if he did walk (he won’t).

Shearer didn't walk, he has said many times that Ashley just never contacted him. 

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

Which was down to the fact the relationship had turned completely sour.

You said he walked, but he didn't. Shearer has said many times that he put his requests to Ashley, and Ashley just didn't get back to him.

Guest HTT II

There was NO relationship between Shearer and Ashley, that was kind of one of the problems. They surely all knew the ultimate craic though, the difference is Hughton and Rafa especially tried to change things, wanted change and cared about the infrastructure of the club and it’s future and Rafa, when he knew nothing he could do would change things, he had the balls to say fuck off, I’m out. Bruce doesn’t give a fuck about any of that, he’d be more upset if they evicted the scran van off the training grounds than not signing a player. 

Edited by HTT II

3 hours ago, toon25 said:

The fucking cheek of Krapth.

Tbf, Bruce has convinced him he's a PL defender, he must think he's at the pinnacle of his career, the useless clogger. 

18 minutes ago, gdm said:

I think you could be excused for thinking it might be possible to 'change' Ashley (or however you might put it) right up until the Rafa fiasco. The Pardew era wasn't dissimilar to the current malaise (one freak season aside) but I don't think there was sufficient evidence to conclude, beyond all doubt, that Ashley's policies and habits were completely and unchangeably ingrained at the club. Carver and McClaren were unconditionally incompetent and neither of them needed Ashley's arseholery to fail miserably in their duties, so neither 'era' provided that definitive evidence either. Particularly when the latter was backed so heavily in the transfer market. 

It was only by binning the most decorated manager this club could ever wish to have - despite his excellent performance and clear blueprint for progress and growth - did we get the final, absolute proof that Mike Ashley FC will never achieve anything; in fact it would sooner deliberately sabotage itself than consider progress. 

I'd love for Bruce to go because he absolutely disgusts me and I can do without the emotional baggage, but I'd seriously doubt the integrity of whoever replaced him too. There's no way you succeed here. 

Think Rafa was probably guilty of being a bit naive but nothing more than that. He approached the club and genuinely thought he could change the way it's run, change the owner's opinion and strategy and move the club forward on and off the field. Firmly believe he fought for years to do what's best, spoke out frequently about the limitations imposed from above but was never going to get his way. He honoured his contract and walked away knowing full well he'd done all he could but wasn't enough. That's the difference, This fucking subservient prick will accept it and not make a fucking peep - he's really angry? Is he fuck, he'll take whatever shit he's served and be a good little boy and take it. It's the exact reason he was appointed in the first place, fuck him. 

1 hour ago, Bimpy474 said:

While i hate Steve Bruce that's a disgraceful way to treat your manager.

Shows how far removed from being run properly we are.

I think it's absolutely the right way to treat a manager of Bruce's standard. 

I’d imagine there was never anyone but that Mexican coming in which was agreed weeks ago.

Todays, will they/won’t they is purely a PR exercise to get sympathy for Steve Bruce so there won’t be as much booing next time.

Dont fall for it.