Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Sorry, £40m a year? Fuck off. :lol:

That's £770k/week, that's Messi money, and he doesn't have that pedigree. If he's after even a quarter of that we should slam the phone down and move on. There's about 4 or 5 players in the world I'd think should be able to ask that sort of money and he's not one of them, not by a long way.

1 minute ago, Zero said:

I won’t be surprised if we are the one that guarantee him 40m a year hence he is asking for the same from Barca

He wants to be on par with Haaland is what I read. 

also, he has all the leverage he’s getting paid one way or another. 

1 hour ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Who is the Barcelona fan on here again? Would love to hear the thoughts of someone who has watched him regularly. Dembele seems to be so highly rated but agree with the post above, always looked poor when I've seen him (although not much since Sky lost Spanish rights) 

Same - not a name you associate with goals so what does he bring to the team?  

Seems like a talented player who is not willing to put in the extra effort to better himself. If his mind is not on the field, I believe we should steer clear. Huge odds to take on and I rather we have committed players.

3 hours ago, TRon said:

How do you manage an injury prone player injury wise?

Well, if he starts hobbling, leaving him on the pitch for an extra 10 minutes probably isn’t the thing to do.

But yeah, obviously trying to protect him as much as possible. Ideally I’d like us to be signing players who have no history of injuries but making an exception for someone with that level of experience could be really good for us.

He’s a class act as a player.

Ousmane Dembele on 40mil a year (or even half of that) would be taking the piss. It will immediately unsettle everyone else in the team, as well as disrupt any negotiation with other targets. It's probably just agent bullshit.

Find it hard to believe that the current regime who reportedly balked at the initial demands to recruit Jason Tindall would lash out that to Dembele.

Edited by Sima

8 minutes ago, Emotic said:

Ousmane Dembele on 40mil a year (or even half of that) would be taking the piss. It will immediately unsettle everyone else in the team, as well as disrupt any negotiation with other targets. It's probably just agent bullshit.

Yes, being paid ten times more than our current highest earner might do that.....

5 hours ago, Sima said:

Find it hard to believe that the current regime who reportedly balked at the initial demands to recruit Jason Tindall would lash out that to Dembele.

But surely money shouldn’t be an issue to this lot, if one time we should flex the muscles it’s now .I get they don’t want to be seen to be soft touches but howay man they are worth 10 times a Man City, supposedly.

Much rather see us go for say Luis Diaz or someone like Adeyemi even though his preferred role is CF. 

Doubt these are realistic, especially Diaz. And Adeyemi is highly sought after. 

Wouldn't mind Nkunku as a more central atta king option. 

I will now go and take my medicine. 

Glad I'm not the only one, but a massive no from me. 

86 games in 5 years!!

Clearly a very good player who'd normally be way out our league but the outlay for his wages would surely be better spent on literally any other player on the world who'd actually be able to turn up for the majority of games.

1 hour ago, GWN said:

But surely money shouldn’t be an issue to this lot, if one time we should flex the muscles it’s now .I get they don’t want to be seen to be soft touches but howay man they are worth 10 times a Man City, supposedly.

Until we get around the sponsorship issue we're gonna be screwed on wages because of FFP. Their financial might is going to be shown in the infrastructure/training ground etc hopefully.

Might be very unrealistic but I'd rather see us try and offer massive wages to someone like Denis Zakaria to beat top clubs for his signature instead of Dembele for example. Different positions and all that. I know we have been linked with him but I struggle to see it happening. 

Him and Joelintinho and a more attacking central midfielder would be what dreams are made of (Joelinton mentioned seriously now is insane) 

7 hours ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

Pass. My Barca mate, was gutted they signed him. He's done very very little. Always injured, suspect attitude and not what we need. Especially on those wages.

I'd rather look elsewhere and pass on him.

I watch every Barca game and have done for the last 20 years - it’s a big no from me - can’t deny his talent, injuries are one thing, he is actually very thick as a footballer - literally has no idea what he’s doing on the pitch