Transfer rumours

Yorkie

31 minutes ago, KaKa said:

In my opinion £30 million for a 21 year old Botman will prove to be incredibly cheap. Been trying to catch Lille games ever since we've been first linked with both he and Jonathan David, and I think he is a fantastic defender that would really fit the premier league.

Favourite thing about him is that he's a bit of a bully, but without being rash about it. He's very impressive physically. We really need a defender that is tough and has a bit more of a dominant mindset. Our defenders are such nervous pansies.

Yep, really excited about this one, would be happy to spend big money on a rising star. 

35 minutes ago, KaKa said:

In my opinion £30 million for a 21 year old Botman will prove to be incredibly cheap. Been trying to catch Lille games ever since we've been first linked with both he and Jonathan David, and I think he is a fantastic defender that would really fit the premier league.

Favourite thing about him is that he's a bit of a bully, but without being rash about it. He's very impressive physically. We really need a defender that is tough and has a bit more of a dominant mindset. Our defenders are such nervous pansies.

Good to read having not seen much of him. I’ve read that he’s a left sided CH, but Ajax let him go because they had other defenders who were better on the ball.

Obviously seems highly rated now, hopefully he becomes our Vincent Kompany signing and is here for years to come.

11 minutes ago, Menace said:

On top of that he's barely played football in the last year or so

Screenshot-20220101-154218.png

For 6 months it's fine, I wouldn't want him on a full time contract however.

That's disappointing, but also not surprising. He's been a crock for years now. A loan deal would be the best bet, I would think it would work for his current club as well, at least get him off the wage bill. 

1 minute ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

We're trying to avoid relegation first and foremost. Ramsey would help us achieve that. 

He wouldn’t be anywhere near the top of my list for a relegation scrap. He’s been a great player but we need high energy, especially in midfield where we’ve lacked intensity. He’d need paired with a Tiote type figure and I don’t see where that player comes from. We are a target for all the big teams trying to offload their disastrous and profligate transfer business. This is a case in point.

1 minute ago, Novocastrian said:

He wouldn’t be anywhere near the top of my list for a relegation scrap. He’s been a great player but we need high energy, especially in midfield where we’ve lacked intensity. He’d need paired with a Tiote type figure and I don’t see where that player comes from. We are a target for all the big teams trying to offload their disastrous and profligate transfer business. This is a case in point.

It's the Tiote type we need, not another legless wonder to stick next to him.

If Howe and them want Ramsey, I want him, if they don't I don't. I'm just here to enjoy the ride now, if he becomes a Newcastle player I'll be excited to see him, can't really be arsed with anything else. Excited we're trying to improve the squad.

(not criticising others complaining, it's a football forum, but don't know how you have the energy)

Edited by Inferior Acuña

If I were to be nice, Ramsay’s passing and decision-making could be an asset to us. Unfortunately with his lack of form and no real physicality to him anymore, Wjnaldum and Gueye would be infinitely better loan moves.