Transfer rumours

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Spanish and French clubs alike are going to be asking astronomical fees when they see us coming. Still remember the hoops we had to jump through just to get Gutierrez here, and he turned out to be pretty mediocre in the end. 

Gutierrez was over ten years ago, man. :lol:

Who else is realistically going to be spending money in their markets at this point? They'll be dying for the business, which is more than you can say for the PL clubs. I'd be amazed if we got owt but 2 loans from the PL. 

8 minutes ago, TRon said:

Spanish and French clubs alike are going to be asking astronomical fees when they see us coming. Still remember the hoops we had to jump through just to get Gutierrez here, and he turned out to be pretty mediocre in the end. 

Blasphemy.

9 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Everton need the cash to balance the books. Their new LB is coming in on pretence Digne is leaving for a fee. Chelsea loan off is probably last resort. Rafa will push a sale to us. 

6 in this month and another 6 in the summer. Keep 5-6 of the best of the current lot and the Ashley nightmare is well behind us.  From there on we buy big and sell big continuous improvement until the club is where the owners want it to be. Foundations being laid this month and it's going to be great.

Imagine the moaners get their way and clubs aren't allowed to play players who weren't at the club when the fixture was postponed.  We wouldn't be able to play Digne and they wouldn't be able to play his replacement :lol:

12 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

Gutierrez was over ten years ago, man. :lol:

Who else is realistically going to be spending money in their markets at this point? They'll be dying for the business, which is more than you can say for the PL clubs. I'd be amazed if we got owt but 2 loans from the PL. 

I'm not disputing that they'll be dying to do business, just expect them to be grasping cunts and try to milk us for every penny. They'll sell, just expect it to drag on longer than we might like. 

1 hour ago, Ando7 said:

It's gonna be some window from what I'm hearing,both trippier and botman want the moves,Lille asking a lot for botman so hopefully we can agree a fee,strap yourselves in boys .

Nice one @Ando7 :thup:

Legend 

28 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

I saw the Telegraph or Athletic linking us with Elnenhy from Arsenal but the simian-faced pundit Keown had just said he’s off to the AFCON. Seems to rule that one out.

That would be underwhelming to say the least

1 hour ago, mighty__mag said:

Hope there's nothing in the Ross Barkley rumours. Possibly someone like Howe could get the best out of him, but, I've heard he's a bit of a troublesome character, wouldn't want that in a relegation battle.

I get that but he’s an upgrade on most the squad in midfield and we are buying for a job , to keep us up.

1 hour ago, Ando7 said:

It's gonna be some window from what I'm hearing,both trippier and botman want the moves,Lille asking a lot for botman so hopefully we can agree a fee,strap yourselves in boys .

:pedro:

In my opinion £30 million for a 21 year old Botman will prove to be incredibly cheap. Been trying to catch Lille games ever since we've been first linked with both he and Jonathan David, and I think he is a fantastic defender that would really fit the premier league.

Favourite thing about him is that he's a bit of a bully, but without being rash about it. He's very impressive physically. We really need a defender that is tough and has a bit more of a dominant mindset. Our defenders are such nervous pansies.

Botman seems like the kind of signing we should be making. You're hopefully getting a player who'll develop into a cornerstone of the team for the next decade.

I get the idea behind signing Trippier and Ramsay of course, players who can hit the ground running and hopefully keep us up. I'd definitely prefer a bunch of FM-tastic wonderkids though :lol: