Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Looks promising at least. Maybe if he was to shed a few kilos, he could make the grade.

We've seen in the past how a player in that No 10 position can make a big difference to a side (Beardsley, Bellamy). Perez doesn't quite look up to it, so it's a situation vacant.

Perez is absolutely vital and our best goalscorer. The only situation vacant is Gayle and Joselu.

I'm not totally convinced regarding Perez. He had a good second half of the season and I would be OK with him being a starting player in August, but at the same time wouldn't complain if we were to upgrade in that position.

Perez is absolutely vital and our best goalscorer. The only situation vacant is Gayle and Joselu.

I'm not totally convinced regarding Perez. He had a good second half of the season and I would be OK with him being a starting player in August, but at the same time wouldn't complain if we were to upgrade in that position.

i think there's a chance he'd be better and more productive with better striking options in front of him personally, certainly not guaranteed but not impossible

i think there's a chance he'd be better and more productive with better striking options in front of him personally, certainly not guaranteed but not impossible

Yeah. Anyway, upgrading our strikers is a priority.

I agree. He's missing something, an occasional player.

Looks promising at least. Maybe if he was to shed a few kilos, he could make the grade.

We've seen in the past how a player in that No 10 position can make a big difference to a side (Beardsley, Bellamy). Perez doesn't quite look up to it, so it's a situation vacant.

Such a weird time to say that.

Perhaps 'situation vacant' is a bit harsh. He's the best we have at the moment for that role, and there are other priorities.

I suppose I don't think he's quite good enough to take us to the next level. Whenever he runs with the ball, it doesn't look completely under his control. A player in that position needs to operate in crowded areas.

And as I said, a really good number 10 can make a big difference.

It would have to be a similar sort of signing to Perez really. Picking up an unknown just before they make it big.

Exactly. Beardsley and Bellamy weren't stellar names when we signed them.

I know it's much more difficult now, in the age of videos, to pick up an unheralded talent. But this Swedish lad won't cost the earth and seems to have something about him.

Man I know ultimately that perez isn't consistent enough over a full season, but when he's on form he scores the kind of goals I love,  all near post flicks,  lobs and casual passes into the other side of the net than the keeper

Name a player that we can get under 20m that can perform better than Perez.

Ben Arfa cost 4.5mill or something riddiculous.

The guy is good but the lack of any genuine flair in that position is hurting us

Perhaps 'situation vacant' is a bit harsh. He's the best we have at the moment for that role, and there are other priorities.

I suppose I don't think he's quite good enough to take us to the next level. Whenever he runs with the ball, it doesn't look completely under his control. A player in that position needs to operate in crowded areas.

And as I said, a really good number 10 can make a big difference.

Aye, which Perez proved in 2018. He’s not getting replaced this summer, and not should he.

Exactly. Beardsley and Bellamy weren't stellar names when we signed them.

Didn't Beardsley already have 49 England caps when we signed him? :lol:

Unless you're talking about when we picked him up from Vancouver Whitecaps...