Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Pretty sure Lascelles has said he doesn’t want to leave and it’s the happiest he’s been.

That's down to Rafa being here, he's said in interviews he's learned a hell of a lot from him. So either both will be staying or both will be leaving IMO.

Pretty sure Lascelles has said he doesn’t want to leave and it’s the happiest he’s been.

That's down to Rafa being here, he's said in interviews he's learned a hell of a lot from him. So either both will be staying or both will be leaving IMO.

Yep, absolutely.

Coming off a torn achilles though. Not sure anyone is the same after that.

Maybe he's Abel to come back strong and be a decent squad player.

I'm disappointed in myself.

We all know what the end game is with Rafa, Ashley, transfers etc etc.  Wish it would all just be over so I can get back to hating the club and wanting us to lose.  The hope is what kills you, no future with this owner despite the managers best efforts

Rafa will only see a tiny piece of any money the sale of players, under Ashley it would be crazy to sell for any amount

So according to the last set of accounts we still owe other clubs 25m for players we purchased. So it's the first time we have moved from our policy of playing upfront for incoming transfers. Guessing this applies to purchases of Ritchie and Gayle etc (in the window following relegation), possibly Lejeune etc the next Summer window. One reason why negotiations were drawn out (with Eibar, re: the Lejeune) was that Eibar wanted the fee paid in full, and we were haggling to cough up in installments.

One thing I read about Ashley's acquisition of the club, it was grinding of the axe, was that part of the debt he inherited were the outstanding payments (bank loans) for player transfers. Speculative I know, but Ashley will probably hate having 25m still owing - goes against our usual buying policy.

Could easily see a large chunk of any fee received (if Lascalles is sold) servicing that 'debt' (if we still owe it), leaving Rafa pennies to spend. This club is shortsighted enough to do just that.

Also when we count the wages for the term of the contract into the transfer fee, when we sell a player before that contract is up, the outstanding wages aren't added back to the war chest.

Of course not.

In fact, it would be interesting to have someone like the Swiss Ramble take a longitudinal look at our accounts - no doubt all sorts of weird things would pop up. We'd probably discover Spuds fans were right and they only ever paid the first installment on Sissoko.

Surely that's offset though by the installments we're receiving for Sissoko & Wijnaldum?

True, but I also factor in Ashley's obsession of having the club positioned at or near the top of the balance sheet championship.

Paying that debt off in one swoop, pretties up the books quicker, rather than servicing it as Siss/Wijn's respective fees trickle in.