Transfer rumours

Yorkie

1 minute ago, gjohnson said:

And we are now in a position to match or improve on anything anyone can offer. Plus Barcelona are still pretty much up the creek regarding paying salaries

He's on £350k a week. If we gave him £1m a week he might consider it I guess but its not going to happen

3 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

And we are now in a position to match or improve on anything anyone can offer. Plus Barcelona are still pretty much up the creek regarding paying salaries

Not if it fucks up our FFP we can’t, which I think comes under the current rules. We still have to live within our means. Barca are head and shoulders above us at the current time with income and sponsorship. 

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

Not if it fucks up our FFP we can’t, which I think comes under the current rules. We still have to live within our means. Barca are head and shoulders above us at the current time with income and sponsorship. 

And thanks to Big Mike doing his best Scrooge impression FFP will not be an issue for at least a couple of years even without new sponsors

Just now, gjohnson said:

And thanks to Big Mike doing his best Scrooge impression FFP will not be an issue for at least a couple of years even without new sponsors

But if we throw cash at signings and pay them over and above anyone else will do, as you suggest, that leeway we currently have won’t last very long. Until we sort out further income anyway. 

Just now, thomas said:

we have 3 years to sort out further income.

we have 1 month to add the quality to get us out of the shit.

Yeah…but we can’t just currently outbid every other team on the planet. If we buy Messi for his transfer fee and pay him a higher wage than he currently gets as people suggest, that’s practically our entire FFP leeway gone. 

1 minute ago, POOT 2.0 said:

Don't stress it. I'm sure those in charge are aware.

No stressing here. I’m loving the ride right now. But we’re just not in a place yet where we can throw unlimited money around and out pay any other team - people have to be realistic for the current time. 

7 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Yeah…but we can’t just currently outbid every other team on the planet. If we buy Messi for his transfer fee and pay him a higher wage than he currently gets as people suggest, that’s practically our entire FFP leeway gone. 

I can't believe I have to qualify this statement - For the players we want and who would come here, we can outbid competition and I'm sure match wages. The slight amount of over the odds paid now will be repaid if they're quality enough to keep us up.

Edited by thomas

If we do sign Trippier and Digne, does anyone think we'll be playing with three at the back? Provided that we bring in another CB. A bunch of Ifs there. Occurred to me with the talk yesterday that Simeone had switched formations to accomodate Trippier.

7 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

If we do sign Trippier and Digne, does anyone think we'll be playing with three at the back? Provided that we bring in another CB. A bunch of Ifs there. Occurred to me with the talk yesterday that Simeone had switched formations to accomodate Trippier.

Accommodate Trippier?

He can play right back, left back, right centre back in a 3, right wing back, left wing back, probably comfortably on the right wing and let's be honest he would be our best centre midfielder given his passing range. 

IMO he will come straight in as right back in our current formation, Manquillo can go left back for now.

4 minutes ago, STM said:

Accommodate Trippier?

He can play right back, left back, right centre back in a 3, right wing back, left wing back, probably comfortably on the right wing and let's be honest he would be our best centre midfielder given his passing range. 

IMO he will come straight in as right back in our current formation, Manquillo can go left back for now.

I think I was responding to this.