Transfer rumours

Yorkie

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

Against Cambridge. We won’t be playing League 1 opposition every week. In no other PL game have we taken that approach. Howe is not a long ball/spam crosses manager.

Have seen enough to suggest Howe likes his sides to get the ball wide and get crosses in, to a degree. It wouldn't harm to have someone more threatening from set plays too.

6 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Someone on Twitter is saying we are going to become a feeder club for Inter Milan under PIF’s ownership of both clubs. 

I wonder if Inter want Wood or Cantwell? :lol: they must be keen on Almiron, at least. 

Comical nufc made 120m pounds last season finishing in the bottom half, in 19/20 season juventus won the league and made 100m euros. 

If anyone's a feeder club it would be inter feeding us. Not that they are going to buy inter anyway

Just now, ManDoon said:

If you’re referring to my post then it’s more idiotic to base our play style on one game against a league 1 club that we lost. Have people not watched Burnley, like ever? Everyone on here hates their play style, but it’s effective for players like Wood and Barnes. 

Really don't get what you mean by changing our style, like. We already get plenty of crosses into the box.

20 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

We should have had at least 3-4 players in ready last week, not fucking 1 player, it’s the constant hesitation from day 1 that’s going to make sure we’re relegated this season 

Fuck off man 

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

If you’re referring to my post then it’s more idiotic to base our play style on one game against a league 1 club that we lost. Have people not watched Burnley, like ever? Everyone on here hates their play style, but it’s effective for players like Wood and Barnes. 

Nope wasn't meaning you.

Just now, ManDoon said:

Fair enough, it was because it came right after mine. The only mental posts Ive seen are like “why haven’t we got 20 players in now/should we sack Amanda Stavely”

It was more the people expecting 10 signings in the first week in January, its a reoccuring theme on social media.

1 minute ago, Numbers said:

It was more the people expecting 10 signings in the first week in January, its a reoccuring theme on social media.

I wasn’t expecting 10 signings in the first week, but they should have had at least 3/4 ready to come in 

I think, in a relegation battle and in short-term, a player like Chris Wood could be a decent option and a backup to Callum Wilson when he’s fit. Tall, strong, and knows how to score in the Premier League. 26 goals scored last two seasons.

Not sure how reliable the article is though. It only says we have made an approach. No bid.

1 minute ago, nufcnick said:

I wasn’t expecting 10 signings in the first week, but they should have had at least 3/4 ready to come in 

You do know we are trying to sign top quality players, their current clubs don’t want to sell so it’s going to take longer than a week. 

13 minutes ago, Numbers said:

Is it just me or has the takeover turned people who appeared sensible into fucking idiots?

“Idiots” is a bit harsh. I think there are loads who suffer from FIFA/FM brain, mind. :lol:

1 minute ago, nufcnick said:

When was the last time any team had a handful of transfers all done and dusted before the window opened? 

It just doesn't happen. 

Wood would be a really good signing. ??? 1 in 3 striker and one of the most important players at a direct relegation rival. Plus he's a target man, which we could really do with. Wouldn't turn me nose up at him at all, we're not gonna sign loads who are the calibre of Trippier. It's clear we wouldn't have got him were it not for his existing relationship with Howe imo. 

Probably end up being nothing in the links and we’ve wasted about 100 pages debating it :lol: But I swear some people are going on like he’s Ade Akinbiyi or a 40 year old Heskey or something :lol: 

He’d hardly be my first choice. But he does work hard and defend from the front, he scores off both feet and provides a threat in the air. Something that we massively lack bar set pieces when Lascelles plays.

I think he’s pretty mobile, as well. He’s not slow like Shola at the end or Rondon for Everton, for example. Although TBF, they’re about as fast as a coastal erosion. 

3 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

“Idiots” is a bit harsh. I think there are loads who suffer from FIFA/FM brain, mind. :lol:

I think some people get off on being pessimistic. Or maybe they are just a bunch of Colin Robinsons having lunch.

Edited by Vinny Green Balls

2 minutes ago, Numbers said:

You're deluded if you expected 3/4 players in the first week.

So it the end of the 1st week

Aston Villa have 1 in and and 2nd one due

Watford have 2 in

Everton have 2 in

Newcastle have 1 in.

We need 4 in this week ( 2CB , 1 Mid and Striker) if we are going to try and get out of this!

8 minutes ago, duo said:

It was never going to easy to attract quality players and as we're finding out it's near on impossible. 

We signed Trippier 3 days ago, and have made bids for (and for all your know, could sign this week) several really good players. Give your head a shake.

8 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Btw if anyone is interested we rank 17th in crosses this season, and Burnley rank 5th. That’s a very big stylistic difference . 

Perhaps it's where Howe wants to get to...the Bournmouth average crossing stats per 90 mins (from the Athletic):

2015-16 16.2
2016-17 15.5
2017-18 15.9
2018-19 16
2019-20 14.5

14 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

We signed Trippier 3 days ago, and have made bids for (and for all your know, could sign this week) several really good players. Give your head a shake.

I agree 

however we have Watford this week which is a huge game 

if they beat us they go 5 points clear, with a game in hand 

Watford then have Burnley on the Tuesday which could take them 8 points clear - level games 

they then play Norwich a few days later (Saturday) 😬

Edited by JonBez comesock

1 minute ago, POOT 2.0 said:

Seems the forum is split on Wood. Fair enough. But just because someone doesn't think it's good business doesn't mean they need to be called. If the best argument you can make for a player is calling people...then, well...whatever. 

There's fair arguments both ways. I'm firmly in the NO THANKS camp, though. 

Trippier is an absolutely quality signing. He is proof of the level we're now aiming at. Of course we'll sometimes fall below that level...but not as far as Chris Wood. Not anymore. 

He's not a 1 in 3 striker anymore. This mantra is false. He's getting on (although age isn't a concern, really) and has scored 3 in 17 this season. So his season form is 1 in 5.6. That's half of his past PL seasons. So he's on an undeniable slump and we need to look beyond slumping players...which I'm sure we are. 14 was his PL record. 

Maybe we would deliver better service to him and he'd do better. But way too risky to hope he can grab a bit of old form from 2 seasons ago. 

Each to there own. But I don't see Chris Woods being a short-term fix to a problem that has been caused by signing players like Chris Wood :lol: 

Also, I've seen it mentioned many times that we'd be hurting a relegation rival's chances. No, no we wont! We'd be taking an under-performing player off their books and handing them a stupid amount of cash to strengthen :lol:  We'd be doing them a favour. 

It's not happening :huff: 

Fair post but realistically who would Burnley spend that 17 million on to replace him with that’s better? If there where players out there better for the money we would be going for them instead.