Transfer rumours

Yorkie

8 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Me personally, no. Cantwell has room to grow. I’d try to take Gilmour off them personally 

Gilmour is a season loan, no? Can’t see Chelsea selling mid season. 

2 hours ago, ManDoon said:

Exactly we don’t even have anyone who can cross lol. Unless people want to play Ritchie 

The amount of corners and other crosses we had yesterday, if anyone had attacked them we'd gave scored a couple. 

2 minutes ago, Menace said:

I struggle to see how Cantwell improves us, he's no different to an invisible Willock

I'm going by the logic, just about anyone will improve us. He wouldn't be my preference, I think we need a Tiote/Diame type personally, but what I learned yesterday is our players are so bad they can get beat by a team struggling in the third division. Bring ANYONE in basically. 

28 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Me personally, no. Cantwell has room to grow. I’d try to take Gilmour off them personally 

Yep. I have no problems bringing in Cantwell. Think he has ability and is a project.

He has to be on top of a DM 2x strikers, CBs and LB though. 

Cantwell is shite as well.  Just another dogshit midfielder that isn’t good at anything to go with the rest of the useless cunts we already have.

Edited by Sima

Some of you are unbearable, mind. Dear me. :lol:

We’ve just signed Trippier. There’ll be other massive signings coming. But surely not every single signing can be that level just yet?

The balance between getting players to keep us up and to improve us long-term is extremely tricky, and it does seem that those at the club are aware of it and are doing their best.

There may have to be some fairly uninspiring signings in this market, I reckon, but if they improve us and play their part in staying up then we’ll be in a great position in summer to go after genuine class.

Just now, Rich said:

We’ve just signed Trippier. There’ll be other massive signings coming. But surely not every single signing can be that level just yet?

Said it earlier but I would have been disappointed under Ashley if we signed Chris Wood.

It’s not being greedy, he’s absolutely shite.

1 minute ago, Rich said:

Some of you are unbearable, mind. Dear me. :lol:

The balance between getting players to keep us up and to improve us long-term is extremely tricky, and it does seem that those at the club are aware of it and are doing their best.

There may have to be some fairly uninspiring signings in this market, I reckon, but if they improve us and play their part in staying up then we’ll be in a great position in summer to go after genuine class.

There's also a middle ground between genuine class and relegation players. 

Again, some are struggling massively with the concept of long term and short term.

We need a few players who are going to give us the edge over Burnley and Watford, not over Spurs and Arsenal, not over Palace and Brighton, just Burnley and Watford

In an ideal world, every signing would either be a world class player who could give us 2/3 season or a potentially great young player who could give us 5/6 years but sadly we don't have that luxury.

We might be able to attract some of the above players, but not necessarily all and the striker market in particular is an absolute nightmare. Look around the Premier league, you either have world class goalscorers who will cost you 40m+ or young players who are no guarantee.

You can mention Martial, Aubameyang, Barbara etc but there's absolutely no saying these players are available to us or are financially feasible, even for us.

Wood is a bean pole, a tank, the likes of which we have seen in the premiership year in, year out. Hes not great, hes not flash, he doesn't inspire me and he wouldn't be my choice but we need to review where we are in the league.... second bottom, without a fit striker.

If Wood comes in, holds up the ball, feeds in ASM and a couple of others, maybe scores a couple of headers while Wilson is out AND we stay in the PL because of his contribution, he will be worth his weight in gold.

2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

I genuinely don't think we are after either of Wood and Cantwell. It's not how Arabs roll. I can see them wanting more shiny players. 

I was thinking about this earlier. Could there be a chance we deliberately get ourselves linked to players we aren't actually after so clubs of players we are after think we have more options and don't try to rip us off so much ?

2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

I genuinely don't think we are after either of Wood and Cantwell. It's not how Arabs roll. I can see them wanting more shiny players. 

Depends whose advising them - atm survival is the priority so can see them being swayed.

Wood and Cantwell certainly don’t rock my boat, however we’ve got to consider are these the signings Howe has asked for.

If we can’t get the likes of Isak at the minute and these lads keep us up then job done. We have enough money to overhaul again in the summer and get the targets to take us really forward.

However, if Howe is pushing for these type of signings with PL experience, then the club are backing the manager and that’s all we can ask in our current position. 

As I said they wouldn’t be my choices and if Howe is picking these targets, then he’ll be culpable as simple as that if it goes tits up

Let's just buy a whole B team from someone. Buy Man City's or Chelseas and be done with it. One sweeping wholesale change. I can't possibly see why another club wouldn't agree to that...[emoji38]

In regards to signings, we need so much change, I don't mind signing a few necessary Grant Hanleys along with some 'superstars'. Come one come all as far as I'm concerned; it would be really difficult to sign someone that wouldn't improve this squad.

For the record I thought Rondon was pretty gash having seen him a fair bit. I was very, very wrong about him. Not saying Wood is of the same quality in terms of all-round play, but yesterday showed how desperate for a fulcrum we are.

There’s still a place for a big bruising striker in this league, especially one who has a proven record of scoring 10+ a season in a very dour side. Definitely in a relegation battle, at least.

I hope people would be very pleasantly surprised by him if he does come, but naturally I hope we’ll be bringing in someone a bit more exciting.

50 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah he was born in stoke I think which is mad. He can make the step up quite easily imo 

We do have some history with Chileans - Robledo brothers and Acuna. Liked wor Clarence.