Transfer rumours

Yorkie

I've never seen anything of Almiron, but given the gulf in quality of MLS vs PL, are those who've seen him totally convinced on him as a significant upgrade on Perez/Muto in that role ?

He’s more of a natural 10 than either Perez or Muto, at least.

I've never seen anything of Almiron, but given the gulf in quality of MLS vs PL, are those who've seen him totally convinced on him as a significant upgrade on Perez/Muto in that role ?

He'd be a player I'd be excited to see play and what he can do if we signed him, and I haven't had a feeling like that about a new signing for ages. I miss it. :lol:

He'd be a player I'd be excited to see play and what he can do if we signed him, and I haven't had a feeling like that about a new signing for ages. I miss it. :lol:

I felt like that about Murphy. :okay:

Am I wrong to be sceptical about this lad's quality/price-tag given the league he's in?

Yes, he looks genuine quality. Streets ahead of other MLS players. Only thing to be sceptical of is how well he'll do in a physical league like the PL vs La Liga, for instance. Then again the clobbers in the MLS aren't exactly physically kind either, just less quality.

In all seriousness though, Robbie Keane was well past his best for Ireland while taking the piss in MLS so it would be a big gamble for Almiron

Trust in Rafa tbh. (that's even if we sign him, which we probably won't)

Would be intrigued if we did though.

All Keane had to do was finish behind what was clearly the best mdifield then. Almiron is the creator of best attacking team in th eleague.

But yeah, anyone coming over from a league Bradley Wright-Philips dominates has to be questioned. Personally, I’d be really excited if we somehow pulled it off

Almiron was great in the Argentine league as well, don't forget. Got signed as a designated player at 22. On a higher salary than Zlatan.

On that note, would we even be close to paying the wages he'd no doubt want? :lol:

On around $38,000 a week according to these articles in the Fail and Chronicle so I'd imagine so.

Almiron was great in the Argentine league as well, don't forget. Got signed as a designated player at 22. On a higher salary than Zlatan.

On that note, would we even be close to paying the wages he'd no doubt want? :lol:

On around $38,000 a week according to these articles in the Fail and Chronicle so I'd imagine so.

The MLS salaries are public, how do they not manage to find them? :lol: He's on $44,000 a week, so around £35,000. You'd imagine if he went to a normal PL club he'd look at anywhere from £80k to £100k. Isn't our current highest player only just above £80k?

His stock is high, better and more normal clubs will no doubt be around him. Hopefully the pull of Rafa can bring him in, as the money won't do it.