Transfer rumours

Yorkie

He looks more like a withdrawn striker -  a replacement for Ayoze, rather than Rondon. And he looks pretty decent too, so I'm prepared to buy into the dream for the time being.

Um ... no.

I'm only going by a Youtube video, but in the vast majority of the clips he was picking the ball up deep or out wide, with team mates ahead of him. He didn't look like a Rondon type at all.

Yeah, I know. Was more the idea of Perez being replaced I didn't agree with.

Regarding Joelinton's position though, from transfermarkt he does seems to have transitioned more into a lead striker this season, and interestingly, has played that role in the 3-4-2-1 system we use currently as well as in a 3-4-1-2. Although as you rightly said, he has also played the Ayoze position too in our current setup. Seems versatile, which is nice.

Makes sense that Rafa would have enquired about him, in anticipation of the club messing up the Rondon signing in the summer. The club would gladly then mess any deal for this guy up too though. All set for a wonderful summer.

Hoffenheim have reportedly rejected our £43m bid for Joelinton according to Bild.

‘We tried’ etc. Just pay the £51.63m and get it done man.

Wat?

Fair price to pay for Joel In Toon! headlines.