Transfer rumours

Yorkie

I can’t see how they can keep doing what they did with Cabaye, Sissoko etc. It’s not that easy, chances are most of these types of players will flop. Especially under someone like f***ing Bruce.

One big sale isn’t enough to offset a relegation.

They were also playing that game before the market really blew up. Which is to say, we brought in the likes of Cabaye, Sissoko, Debuchy, et al for far cheaper relative to the market than we would now. Every c*** is going for £20m+ these days.

Exactly, the French have cottoned on and soon as someone comes knocking for the best players the asking price gets jacked up.

I can’t see how they can keep doing what they did with Cabaye, Sissoko etc. It’s not that easy, chances are most of these types of players will flop. Especially under someone like f***ing Bruce.

They were also playing that game before the market really blew up. Which is to say, we brought in the likes of Cabaye, Sissoko, Debuchy, et al for far cheaper relative to the market than we would now. Every c*** is going for £20m+ these days.

Exactly, the French have cottoned on and soon as someone comes knocking for the best players the asking price gets jacked up.

Totally agree with this. They’re fucking neanderthals, man.

Totally agree with this. They’re fucking neanderthals, man.

France = Europe in this instance. The PL money distorts everything.

The Chronicle have mentioned that they think the club are still very keen on Joelinton (Rafa wasn’t) but he will cost £40m+. 

Despite other clubs desperately seeking strikers, I have never heard any other club linked with him.

If they want a coach to develop players so they can sell them for a profit, not sure why they would think Bruce is a good fit. I don’t think he has ever been seen as a coach.

this is what i've been saying, typical ashley nothing is allowed to make sense

Inability to contact or deal with anyone successful or working abroad is probably an issue too. If Charnley can’t bump into them in Greggs it’s basically never going to happen.

If Bruce signs, Charnley will be in Greggs a lot more often. Increases the probability.

Guest chopey

I can't see us buying to many players for the next week or so considering our entire executive management team will be in the back of a rickshaw in downtown China trying to find the cheapest noodle place.

Oh it will happen. As usual they will come in late and not have a proper pre-season.

And some will be players we would ordinarily be excited about, however, we will then have the pleasure of watching them be completely mismanaged and therefore deemed completely ineffective.

Even if NUFC would pay for Joelinton why would he accept a move to NUFC?

Why would any player want to come here? The only reason would be money and so we'll be back to a team of mercenaries.

I read that this Joelinton fella is a target for Wolves now. I guess we'll just have to keep hold of the £50m until January then....

The best day ever:

I don't know why, but this has just broken this heart of mine. I've been numb up to this point. But if / when Longstaff goes, I don't even know what we'll have left on our hands here, certainly not a club.