Transfer rumours

Yorkie

I remember being linked with Baggio, those were the days

We really were in for him weren't we, or was it just Douglas Hall saying who he'd like. Can't remember. :lol:

We were, it's in Keegan's book and in others. I think it was Freddy Shepherd and Douglas Hall that went over to Turin to talk to Juve about it and basically just got told to fuck off. :lol:

I remember being linked with Baggio, those were the days

We really were in for him weren't we, or was it just Douglas Hall saying who he'd like. Can't remember. :lol:

We were, it's in Keegan's book and in others. I think it was Freddy Shepherd and Douglas Hall that went over to Turin to talk to Juve about it and basically just got told to fuck off. :lol:

They went door knocking on a few clubs that trip. Inter for Bergkamp. Lazio for Boksic. Parma for Asprilla.

Loved Tino but think we’d of won the league with Boksic the way our team was set up.

He needs to leave before he has any chance of fluking his way to a cup win. Imagine being lumbered with that fat knackers name for eternity.

This. The first thing I’d do, on my very first day, at 9am, is call that disgusting fat twat into the office and give him his P45.

Stick with him and there’s not a shred of doubt that we’ll be scraping to safety. The players won’t play for him as they’ll know he’s on the way out one way or another in a few weeks anyway.

I'd make Charney do it, then immediately fire hlm

:lol: Like the clowns at the start of Dark Knight.

I like it.

Shelvey and Ritchie must be rubbing their hands like. Even if they’re nowhere near the team they’ve got nice contracts to sit on. Could see them eventually having to be loaned out until they expire or farmed out with us having to pay a chunk of their wages.

Shelvey and Ritchie must be rubbing their hands like. Even if they’re nowhere near the team they’ve got nice contracts to sit on. Could see them eventually having to be loaned out until they expire or farmed out with us having to pay a chunk of their wages.

Begs the question why the club authorised the extension of these contracts given what was going on at the time.

Or they might turn out to be useful contributors when they have more talented players around them.

Or they might turn out to be useful contributors when they have more talented players around them.

Yeah, it's still early days. Hard to tell with these younger players.

Yeah, it's still early days. Hard to tell with these younger players.

Yeah, that was of course the point I was making :thup:

Both were on their way out of the club under Rafa. Mainly because he knew what the fuck he was doing.

Truth is you achieve fuck all with people like Shelvey and Ritchie in your teams at PL level. Survival at best.

Shelvey would be one of the first I'd ship out tbh.

Both were on their way out of the club under Rafa. Mainly because he knew what the fuck he was doing.

Truth is you achieve fuck all with people like Shelvey and Ritchie in your teams at PL level. Survival at best.

My thoughts exactly.

Had we retained Rafa I think we'd have certainly looked to replace Shelvey last summer. I reckon he appreciated Ritchie's commitment and versatility though. He's an asset in that sense and that sense alone. He should not be starting games for us in 2020.

My thoughts exactly.

Had we retained Rafa I think we'd have certainly looked to replace Shelvey last summer. I reckon he appreciated Ritchie's commitment and versatility though. He's an asset in that sense and that sense alone. He should not be starting games for us in 2020.

He was onto Shelvey in a big way. I think the baldy cunt has even said he'd have left the club under Rafa in one of his puff pieces in the Comical this season, probably alongside 'training is great now', 'steve is a great guy' and 'the steve's are the best coaches there's ever been in my time at NUFC'.

Ritchie was rumoured to be away a lot during the Rafa era too. I don't think it's a coincidence that those links stopped pretty much overnight when Rafa left. He was touting him about imho.

I was thinking about the players I'd definitely like to keep short term and came up with:

Dubravka, Lascelles, Lejuene, Schar, Longstaff brothers, Almiron and ASM.

Yeah. Plus Joelinton. Think he'll play his part off the bench and start finding his feet. Also, no one else will take him now so might as well try our best to develop him.

I was thinking about the players I'd definitely like to keep short term and came up with:

Can we add Jetro Willems to that list? I know he's not ours but i still want us to keep him.

Can we add Jetro Willems to that list? I know he's not ours but i still want us to keep him.

I’d keep Fernandez and give JoeLinton another year, if only for the fact we’d get Nowt for him

Guest reefatoon

Joelinton is a funny one. He has shown nothing so far, but you are right, lets see what a proper manager could get out of him first, before binning him off.

As far as CBs go, I'd rather keep Schar and Fernandez over any of the others. Assuming that with better players in currently weak areas, we will revert to a back 4, that would be my starting pair.

People like St Maximan and Almiron could be part of a top 6 team, arguably so could Shelvey with the right players around him. It’ll be interesting to see what the new regime go for.

Shelvey wouldn't get into a top 6 team. He's so far apart from "the right players around him" that it'd never happen. Stick him in the Man City team and he'd be massively exposed, but he's just not at that quality.

I can't work out why people keep claiming it. You don't get "top 6 players" wandering around the pitch like Shelvey does. That's not because he's got Longstaff of Hayden next to him, it's because his mentality is shite.

Guest neesy111

People like St Maximan and Almiron could be part of a top 6 team, arguably so could Shelvey with the right players around him. It’ll be interesting to see what the new regime go for.

Shelvey wouldn't get into a top 6 team. He's so far apart from "the right players around him" that it'd never happen. Stick him in the Man City team and he'd be massively exposed, but he's just not at that quality.

I can't work out why people keep claiming it. You don't get "top 6 players" wandering around the pitch like Shelvey does. That's not because he's got Longstaff of Hayden next to him, it's because his mentality is shite.

Shelvey has played for a top 6 club at Liverpool and has he improved since then no and they were happy to get rid.