Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Was it the summer of 2011 where, after selling Enrique, we spent the whole summer low-balling Swansea for Neil Taylor before eventually settling for plan B - Italian International Davide Santon?

Yep. I remember there being a matter of hours remaining and despite having only one fit left-back who wasn't actually a left back (Ryan Taylor) we were haggling with Charlton to get Rob Elliot for a few hundred grand cheaper before the Santon links came through late in the day. :lol:

Never mind Galacticos, we're poised to be the first club with an inter-galactic transfer. When the aliens arrive, it will be on their way to a planet with intelligent life, but run out of petrol.

Our Space Muslim owners will take football to the Space Age.

Mirror all in with 200m earmarked for Bruce to spend.

#warchest

While it's all bollocks imagine if the new owners stick with Bruce and let that nugget spend the money!

They won't, obviously. As someone said in the other thread, we'll probably allow Bruce to limp along to close out what has been a season ravaged by Covid, and allow a manager a fresh start next season. Presumably he'll be given all the funds then.

Guest reefatoon

He needs to leave before he has any chance of fluking his way to a cup win. Imagine being lumbered with that fat knackers name for eternity.

Only bringing in Vurnon Anita the summer after finishing 5 th was frustrating

Following summer we only brought in Remy on loan, because of the "spending spree" that January. The regime wouldn't shut up about how they were supposed to be the summer signings but were brought forward because of the situation we were in, completely ignoring that they should have been signed the summer before that really. Remember being incredibly frustrated by that at the time.

He needs to leave before he has any chance of fluking his way to a cup win. Imagine being lumbered with that fat knackers name for eternity.

This. The first thing I’d do, on my very first day, at 9am, is call that disgusting fat twat into the office and give him his P45.

Stick with him and there’s not a shred of doubt that we’ll be scraping to safety. The players won’t play for him as they’ll know he’s on the way out one way or another in a few weeks anyway.

This. The first thing I’d do, on my very first day, at 9am, is call that disgusting fat twat into the office and give him his P45.

Stick with him and there’s not a shred of doubt that we’ll be scraping to safety. The players won’t play for him as they’ll know he’s on the way out one way or another in a few weeks anyway.

Amen. What's the point in being nice. Fans will be onside regardless. Until it turns out pardew brokered the deal and he is back.

I remember way back dreaming of exciting transfers (not just realistic ones) happening and the effects it'd have on tactics, formations and how they'd gel with other players. Typing out my thoughts on the best 11 without sarcasm and stifling my own laughter seems like an eternity ago.

The depressing graveyard our transfer threads have generally been for so many years. I just love the fantasy element of potential new recruits taking us further and really having a go. I'm going to love the positivity this potential takeover would bring to the entire city, not just the club. Obviously upgrading the paddling pool in the academy, tidying up the stadium, making the club more commercially successful, etc would just give the club so many new and attainable goals to strive for. Removing the hopeless hangers-on and taking every facet to the next level.

I think getting a new manager in immediately would be the best option. You'd hopefully get the ol' new manager bounce (mackem favourite) and the players playing out of their skin in the hopes of being part of the next big project. I'd just be in dreamland if Rafa is that man, he'd just be perfect for this scenario.

There'd be something quite heartbreaking about us keeping that undeserving pillock. He's their man so would represent a final lingering Ashley fart as they all exit the building.

I remember way back dreaming of exciting transfers (not just realistic ones) happening and the effects it'd have on tactics, formations and how they'd gel with other players. Typing out my thoughts on the best 11 without sarcasm and stifling my own laughter seems like an eternity ago.

The depressing graveyard our transfer threads have generally been for so many years. I just love the fantasy element of potential new recruits taking us further and really having a go. I'm going to love the positivity this potential takeover would bring to the entire city, not just the club. Obviously upgrading the paddling pool in the academy, tidying up the stadium, making the club more commercially successful, etc would just give the club so many new and attainable goals to strive for. Removing the hopeless hangers-on and taking every facet to the next level.

I think getting a new manager in immediately would be the best option. You'd hopefully get the ol' new manager bounce (mackem favourite) and the players playing out of their skin in the hopes of being part of the next big project. I'd just be in dreamland if Rafa is that man, he'd just be perfect for this scenario.

For some reason the one that sticks out to me is when we were linked with Huntelaar in like, 2004-05? Can't wait for us to be linked with some genuine "next-big-thing" wonderkid and actually feel like they'd come here. :lol:

I'd make Charney do it, then immediately fire hlm

Guest reefatoon

Think it was just Douglas Hall left a shirt in the back of his car with Baggio on it, for reporters etc to see. Was all tongue in cheek.

Was just thinking that Football Manager 2021 is going to be an entirely different game :lol: