Transfer rumours

Yorkie

It is an interesting one. Loans will make sense to players as will relegation release clauses. Loans might also make sense to us to. However, will we get the 100% Howe wants out of players if they know they have that fall back to return to their club? Not potentially ideal if we are in a relegation fight. Provided we are decisive and properly do our homework on players characters before we bring them in, we should be fine.

Really interested to see what Howe and his team can get out of our players. While it is likely not that much, I still have hope for a renewed Longstaff, Hayden and quite a few others. As it is right now CM is absolutely the priority with a CB and LB. That could change though! 

Ramsey scares the shite out of me. I just feel given our history of injuries throughout the years (rafa aside somehow) he would be a waste of money and never play. 

9 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I’d be more than happy with Trippier, Ake & Ramsey as a starting point. Add a defensive midfielder to go with those 3 in January we’d be alright.

We desperately need another goalscorer…

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I think we’ll create and score from more chances under Howe even with the forwards we have. Ramsey could be good for 5-6 goals from January too.

Providing Wilson stays fit. His record doesnt suggest it.

Just now, Haz said:

If we are not climbing out of the relegation places, who in their right minds, according to the names vaunted, would come to us?

The ones who’ve heard of relegation release clauses?

Just now, Haz said:

If we are not climbing out of the relegation places, who in their right minds, according to the names vaunted, would come to us?

Those with agents that can engineer get out clauses. Remember Townsend.

5 minutes ago, sempuki said:

I remember when we got Babayaro and Boumsong in just after New Year. Shite signings but we need to be quick off the mark imo. None of this deadline day nonsense this year.

I'd like to think work on deals is already underway.......if not all bar completed already.

3 minutes ago, sempuki said:

Hopefully. 100% agree on a forward.

For the starting XI we need 2 centre mids and a centre half. I know the full backs are weak but I think we can get away with them, CF is the next priority, not so much to start but for if/when Wilson is out injured.

17 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

I dont understand Trippier's name being mentioned so much. He's a starter for Atletico, why would he move? Ive not read anything about discontent or them wanting rid...

He's out for the rest of the year now anyway. Which would further complicate things. 

Was linked with Man U in the summer for £30m which I think Man U deemed to high

plus the Howe/Burnley link 

I actually think he would come and would be pretty excited with the project 

37 minutes ago, madras said:

For the starting XI we need 2 centre mids and a centre half. I know the full backs are weak but I think we can get away with them, CF is the next priority, not so much to start but for if/when Wilson is out injured.

Three players with contracts winding down who would be incredible options are Zakaria, Tolisso and Sule. 

If the takeover goes through in the summer we are probably looking at them, but in our current predicament don't think these are possible.

If we go on a crazy run of wins and find ourselves nearer mid table come the end of December, then maybe we have a smidgen of a chance, perhaps.

18 minutes ago, LV said:

Wonder if Abraham would come. He’s only on loan in Italy isn’t he? 

Nope. £34m iirc

wiki: Abraham signed for Serie A club Roma on 17 August 2021 on a five-year contract, with the transfer fee reported to be £34 million, with Chelsea including a £68 million buy-back clause which can only be triggered after the player has completed two seasons with Roma.

Edited by Manxst
Wiki detail

2 hours ago, Rich said:

The ones who’ve heard of relegation release clauses?

Bleh. We could really do with being at least level on points with 17th before we're going into the transfer market. Beggars can't be choosers of course but you wonder who we're gonna get lumped with if we're shopping exclusively in the damaged goods market. 

Brentford, Norwich and Brentford are bloody massive games like, shit. Nine points and we're laughing, 7 would be tidy, anything less than that and hmm.