Transfer rumours

Yorkie

We should have lined up a body or two ahead of the window opening so they could run through the doors in 16 hours and start working with Howe to be as prepared as possible to contribute in a very important set of "6 pointers" in January against Leeds and Watford. It will be chaos if we bring in 4-6 first team members in second half of January and expect them to perform as a team immediately while not having picked up important points in January due to lack of quality/cohesion. That's not panic, just common sense. 

1 hour ago, Conjo said:

We should have lined up a body or two ahead of the window opening so they could run through the doors in 16 hours and start working with Howe to be as prepared as possible to contribute in a very important set of "6 pointers" in January against Leeds and Watford. It will be chaos if we bring in 4-6 first team members in second half of January and expect them to perform as a team immediately while not having picked up important points in January due to lack of quality/cohesion. That's not panic, just common sense. 

New players aren't going to be working with Howe at 12 midnight though.  We could sign players in the next few days and they'd still have plenty of time to be ready for those games.

They need time to adapt to the team and tactics FFS. I did expect us to sign some players before the window is open. You can’t just throw them on the pitch and expect them to fit in well, especially if they are from other countries and may not speak English.

The counterparties also have incentives to drag on till the end of the window in order to squeeze more money from us. 

If we can’t finalise the deals in early Jan,  very likely they will arrive in Feb, and even if they are fucking brilliant they still need at least a month to fit in. That’s already Mar. 

panic mode?

5 minutes ago, RS said:

Lukaku not happy at Chelsea. Looks like we’ve turned his head. 

My partners family support Inter on her Dad's side and I watched them a little bit over the last year or two. I've become somewhat of a fan of Lukaku and if we were to sign him I think that'd be a fantastic move. I rate Wilson really highly but he is never fit, and I feel Lukaku is the type of striker we currently need, as he's similar to Wilson in that he's a powerhouse. Dare I say it, you'd need to spend about £50m minimum for him like, I'm guessing. 

We should have been signing players in 1891, a year before t'club were formed, have 'em train 29 hours a day, wake up an hour before they go to bed, bathe 'em in wheelie bins o'sulphuric acid and 'ave 'em pay us hundred grand a week for t'privilege.  

_110447277_19b3ba42-8db5-48b6-96a3-8ad6e

23 minutes ago, Zero said:

They need time to adapt to the team and tactics FFS. I did expect us to sign some players before the window is open. You can’t just throw them on the pitch and expect them to fit in well, especially if they are from other countries and may not speak English.

The counterparties also have incentives to drag on till the end of the window in order to squeeze more money from us. 

If we can’t finalise the deals in early Jan,  very likely they will arrive in Feb, and even if they are fucking brilliant they still need at least a month to fit in. That’s already Mar. 

panic mode?

You should really have played it off as a joke because you have lost it if you are panicking already

I don’t think people realise when it comes to transfers at a club of our size it’s out of our hands sometimes. Players and agents will hold out to see if a better offer/team comes in. They won’t want to jump straight at the first option of a club in the relegation zone not in the opening few days. 

Waugh reckons we might go in for Idrissa Gueye. Issa Diop from West Ham the only other new name, though just a reference to the fact we supposedly tried for him earlier this year. Thinks we should have set least one in for Cambridge. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Waugh reckons we might go in for Idrissa Gueye. Issa Diop from West Ham the only other new name, though just a reference to the fact we supposedly tried for him earlier this year. Thinks we should have set least one in for Cambridge. 

Trippier hopefully. He also said Botman is keen too. 

2 hours ago, Zero said:

panic mode?

How do you know they're not already lined up? :lol: