Transfer rumours

Yorkie

£1m is very low. :lol:

I know he's been shit and out of contract but the potential is there and we're hardly blessed with CMs and that's mid-table Championship money. Closer to ten mill would be fair. 

7 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Not being pedantic- you mentioned ‘only’ so I’ve queried it. Think you need to cheer up a little, although I’m not really arsed if you don’t either. 

It's a stressful time. I honestly thought we'd get more than £1m for Longstaff, regardless of his contract situation.

Just now, Yorkie said:

I know he's been shit and out of contract but the potential is there and we're hardly blessed with CMs and that's mid-table Championship money. Closer to ten mill would be fair. 

Ten million?! Seriously?! I think you hit the nail on the head with “shit” and “out of contract”. His potential has long gone, sadly, given he’s 25 this year.  

1 minute ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

It's a stressful time. I honestly thought we'd get more than £1m for Longstaff, regardless of his contract situation.

Yeah, my bad- didn’t mean to jump on you like that- apologies. I’d just be amazed with anyone offering more than that!!

1 minute ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Honestly? Are you saying some of your thoughts are dishonest?

I'll go out on a limb and say I'd value him between 2-3m. 

If you want him that much, that's not a massive fee to get in front of other suitors.

He's shown some signs of promise, albeit not lately. Low risk, medium reward on Everton's part.

11 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Ten million?! Seriously?! I think you hit the nail on the head with “shit” and “out of contract”. His potential has long gone, sadly, given he’s 25 this year.  

Why would we just give him away, though? A player's valuation is as much someone is willing to pay or as much as someone is prepared to accept. It's not like we're desperate for cash so yeah, £8m and we'll talk. 

Just now, Yorkie said:

Why would we just give him away, though? A player's valuation is as much someone is willing to pay or as much as someone is prepared to accept. It's not like we're desperate for cash so yeah, £8m and we'll talk. 

£1m isn’t ‘giving away’….although in 6 months time, he walks for literally NOTHING. How could we possibly ask for £8m if he costs nothing in the summer? As I’ve said, it’s not like he’s an up and coming Premier standard player. He’s 25 this year, and has done the sum of fook all for the past two or three years. 

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Opens up a squad space I guess (though I also assume we'll be getting a CM as well because otherwise we'll be left short)

Just now, themanupstairs said:

I want this guy at NUFC more than any other player at the moment. Would be absolutely massive, albeit a tad unrealistic at the moment.

Yep. I can’t see it happening, but he’s a brilliant player.

18 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

If a PL team wants to pay 1m for a midfielder, they should be expecting a 16 year old or someone of League 1 standard (which Sean is).

Just now, gjohnson said:

If a PL team wants to pay 1m for a midfielder, they should be expecting a 16 year old or someone of League 1 standard (which Sean is).

Agreed until the brackets! 

£1m is an insult.