Transfer rumours

Yorkie

4 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I genuinely don't understand what he's trying to say though :lol:

Just lists some players he wants as quick transfers and someone to kill the game like the last two mentions I think

55 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

We've just bought a RB :lol: 

Didnt realise he only cost Brighton 3m at the time. Why the fuck didnt we go in for him?! Man we were so fucking shit.

He is fucking brilliant, like. Not even played all that much for Brighton and you can still see just how good he currently is and how much better he can become. 

We just bought a RB/LB.😉

Its also important to have two very good players in each position if you can afford it? A bit like the top clubs do, and that we aspire to mimic.

For me him and Livermento are two top future fullbacks. 

17 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Yeah but what? Movement, finishing, ability to hold the ball up, teamwork?

Aaah, get you. I just think Nketia has more to offer tbh. I like his awareness and his movement as a striker in the box. I think he could be a genuine, high level 6 yard box/penalty spot goalscorer with decent service. I just think Origi fails to flatter, despite some of the important, last minute, impressive goals he's scored. They always seem to be when Liverpool are really pushing, have a lot of possession in and around the opponents box, and he's there to convert that quality, high pressure and quality service. I think Nketia can work with less than Origi does.

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Aaah, get you. I just think Nketia has more to offer tbh. I like his awareness and his movement as a striker in the box. I think he could be a genuine, high level 6 yard box/penalty spot goalscorer with decent service. I just think Origi fails to flatter, despite some of the important, last minute, impressive goals he's scored. They always seem to be when Liverpool are really pushing, have a lot of possession in and around the opponents box, and he's there to convert tat quality, high pressure and qualitry service. I think Nketia can work with less than Origi does.

I think that's why he doesn't play much for Liverpool either, Klopp considers him mostly a penalty box finisher, albeit a very good one. When you think how much ground Salah, Mane and Firminio cover, you can understand why. 

5 minutes ago, PeepShow4life said:

Would rather we kept Trippier on the right and signed a proper LB/LWB.

I wouldn't. I don't particularly worry about alleged exact positions like most. Take Joelinton in central midfield for instance. 

Its bullshit, good players adapt with ease.

Obviously it's not for all, I get Harry Kane isn't going to switch to RW, but, for the sake of a RB who can play left back, I'd think it wouldn't be the end of the world. 👍🏻

Edited by mighty__mag

Just now, mighty__mag said:

I wouldn't. I don't particularly worry about alleged exact positions like most. Take Joelinton in central midfield for instance. 

Its bullshit, good players adapt with ease.

But for full backs it's quite important that they can cross first time from their natural foot rather than cutting back inside. If Howe is that fussed about having a left foot/right foot CB combination, I can't see him compromising on full backs where it's even more of a factor. 

Guest HTT II
5 minutes ago, PeepShow4life said:

Would rather we kept Trippier on the right and signed a proper LB/LWB.

He can play as a winger/wide forward?

Is he not a full back. Well, a wing back in his current system? 

Should we not look at buying an actual wide forward and not a right back :lol: 

EDIT: Talking about Lamptey. 

Edited by Lush Vlad

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

But for full backs it's quite important that they can cross first time from their natural foot rather than cutting back inside. If Howe is that fussed about having a left foot/right foot CB combination, I can't see him compromising on full backs where it's even more of a factor. 

And that's because we always cross the ball into the striker? ASMs whole game is based on cutting in,the current crop rarely cross first time, give me an example this season of a first time cross assisted? Not from a corner, I'd be amazed if theres more than one.

And as mentioned Trippier has no issues on the left.

Listen it's not even a thing, it would be mint though,  and nobody would be complaining, bar a few pedantic positional numptys. 

The Vlahovic talk always seemed a bit optimistic considering he's one of the hottest striker prospects in the world. I guess with us being the richest club, we are going to get mentioned with everyone, from Mbappe to Lloyd Kelly.