Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Struggling to think of who to suggest as an alternative and realistic signing from the prem as a striker. 

Surely someone like Belotti who is out of contract in the summer could be an option. 

Just now, Dwebbo said:

Struggling to think of who to suggest as an alternative and realistic signing from the prem as a striker. 

Surely someone like Belotti who is out of contract in the summer could be an option. 

Ings for me is the only potential option.

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Wood clearly isn't shit though and is far less risky than Barbosa.

Im not so sure less risky is what you are looking for, he is playing utter garbage with a garbage team, at least the strikers outside this "PL proven" bullshit bubble seems to want to prove themselves and give it all even in a so called "lesser" league. Rather chance them then someone that cant do it for our relegation rivals. How the hell is he gonna do any better for us?

3 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Chris Wood has been playing as a centre forward in this league for years, he is a known quantity, he is shite. The sort of nonsense signing i was worried about when Howe came into the picture.

Calum Wilson - 59 goals in 167 Premier League games.

Chris Wood - 50 goals in 153 Premier league games.

Is he shite though? Underwhelming, fair enough, but shite? Nah.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Calum Wilson - 59 goals in 167 Premier League games.

Chris Wood - 50 goals in 153 Premier league games.

Is he shite though? Underwhelming, fair enough, but shite? Nah.

As a comparison Mitrovic has 24 goals in 104 Premier League games.

I hated Mitrovic, absolutely couldn't stand the kid in more or less every way and the adulation he got here got right on my tits and still does a bit whenever he's brought up. Saying that, I still agree that I'd take him over Wood.

9 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Wilson has more to his game though. With Wood you have to play route one as he's just a lump. 

That’s not true though, he’s scored plenty of goals running onto through balls.

He’s just not a signing you’d get excited about as he is a known quantity but he’s something we don’t have in this squad. The objective is clear, stay in this division. Will he contribute? Yes he will. So it’s a no brainer.

Whatever the fee is (17m?) will be worth it if we stay up.

As others have said, Wood offers a few things that we currently don’t have in the squad, notably the ability to score goals in the premier league and physicality up top. I can see the sense in bringing him in. Not really arsed about how much we pay for him if it does happen.