Newcastle United vs. Chelsea: 30/10/21 @ 3pm (No TV)

Guest reefatoon

Oh dear. He’s been picking the team the whole time Bruce was here wasn’t he. That defence is utter filth.

Edited by reefatoon

1 minute ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I'm reluctant to kick off about the team as we've played really well with some strange starting lineups over the last 3/4 years, but fuck me, Ryan Fraser was woeful last week.

So was ASM but Jones raved about it being his best performance, out of possession, which gives some insight into his thinking.

13 minutes ago, Andy said:

We have to remember that the bloke is a coach, like, and a competent manager will judge him on that in time. 

If he had influence over Bruce's team selection, tactics and managerial decisions as it appears he did by his own team selections, then that's an indictment on Bruce, not Jones. 

Yep, but in the hysteria and and bed wetting in here he’s the enemy now

It doesn't really matter as we wouldn't have gotten anything from this anyway....but still :lol: 

Can't wait for a new manager soon who can identify our strongest team and hopefully 2-3 quality additions to the squad in January.

Guest reefatoon

How does the worlds shittest right back get to play at centre back ahead of actual good natural centrebacks? It’s fucking lunacy.

Just now, nufcjb said:

Did we sign a contract somewhere with Ashley to keep playing shit team lineups until the new year or something? Mind boggling selection.

Take away ASM and Wilson and you’d put good money on the subs beating that abomination of a first team. Urgh

2 minutes ago, Conjo said:

It doesn't really matter as we wouldn't have gotten anything from this anyway....but still :lol: 

Can't wait for a new manager soon who can identify our strongest team and hopefully 2-3 quality additions to the squad in January.

Would have been unlikely but that Chelsea lineup is beatable today 

Perhaps Jones is trying to create a different mindset in the squad, where players are rewarded for their attitude and conviction, rather than by reputation.

I don't like his choices either, on the face of it, but a new manager might get the benefit of the players getting a kick up the arse on the training ground.

If the likes of Schar have been moping around like Shelvey, fuck em. If Willock isn't putting in the yards, fuck em. 

Jones has nowt to lose by shaming some of the egos.

19 minutes ago, Smal said:

Do you remember when we had Rafa and the line up and system would be different pretty much every week to counter specific threats? Here we are lining up the exact same way against Chelsea as we did (unsuccessfully) against Crystal Palace last week :lol: 

In the first half of the season, aye. More to do with maintaining fitness levels for the second half in case anybody was needed. Second half of the season would be quite consistent line-ups.

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

Soccer Saturday pundits are horrific.

Tim Sherwood unsurprisingly “doesn’t buy into” Jones making the players train five days :lol: 

I bet he gave a well informed explanation as to why? Or did he just say "I don't buy it" and leave it at that?

Just now, Happinesstan said:

I bet he gave a well informed explanation as to why? Or did he just say "I don't buy it" and leave it at that?

Apparently they need days off to recover.

Not sure what they need recover from though, when they had more days off than actual training and matches.