The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

44 minutes ago, Heron said:

There's a good 5/6 teams that will absolutely be down there for most of the season like and we have the most in our favour to overcome relegation.

Leeds battered 7-0, showing the sheer disparity between the top 6/7 and the bottom 5/6. Same goes for us with Leicester and as will be seen in many a game across the season, none less so than our upcoming 2 games (potentially).

Yet, all of the teams will be looking over their shoulder nervously at Newcastle come January. Obviously, we have cash. Howe-ever we have positivity. That will be our strongest weapon and a hope and belief that we can do it. For all I hear "Oh it's too late" "Oh it's not been done before", it just shows tonight that we're not alone.

Can you imagine Norwich, Burnley et al? Their fans won't be writing us off. Not in the slightest. For that reason alone, we absolutely shouldn't be. Yet, with positivity, a bit of cash and everyone pulling together, I think safety can be a certainty, if we build a siege mentality, stick together and play our cards right. 

:thup: Felt it in the away end on Sunday. Non stop support for the team all game, very few early leavers at 3 and 4-0. Those at the games are behind Howe and know that for the games he has up to the January window he's trying to make a silk purse from a sow's ear. Need to maintain that level of support home and away for the rest of the season.

On 14/12/2021 at 10:27, AC Jimbo said:

No player in our squad could get in any side that isn't fighting the drop. 

I doubt anybody fighting the drop would want them, either.

Edit: Should have read all of the post before responding. Dubravka would definitely be a legitimate target for those fighting relegation. Don't think Rafa would take ASM though.

Edited by Happinesstan

Relegation rival's games getting cancelled in the next few weeks is good news for us I reckon. Although it doesn't affect points ultimately, I think it's psychologically beneficial for us that they don't get to extend the gap while we're losing all these December games, especially with transfer window coming up.

This virus is running rampant and the PL is gonna have to do something soon .

This is moving at a rapid pace and I think pressure will mount to hault the season/or crowds dunno? 

Edited by GWN

58 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Relegation rival's games getting cancelled in the next few weeks is good news for us I reckon. Although it doesn't affect points ultimately, I think it's psychologically beneficial for us that they don't get to extend the gap while we're losing all these December games, especially with transfer window coming up.

agreed, i think more importantly than us picking up points in the next 3 games, the bigger thing to watch will be the teams around us. if we can get through the next 3 set of fixtures and still be within striking distance going in to January with the optimism of fresh signings and a very reasonable set of fixtures for the next few months, we can definitely pick up points and build momentum.

anything from pool, city and manu would just be a bonus.

Guest neesy111
19 minutes ago, GWN said:

This virus is running rampant and the PL is gonna have to do something soon .

This is moving at a rapid pace and I think pressure will mount to hault the season/or crowds dunno? 

They've already announced lots of new measures this week.

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Good set of results midweek overall.

The Palace draw was great for us and last nights results were too, aye. Just need a draw between Burnley and Watford and it's been nigh on perfect.

The cat would truly be amongst the pigeons if we somehow shocked everyone with a win tomorrow... 

This thread shouldn't be updated after a game against Liverpool at Anfield.

I agree there's lots of reasons to be worries about relegation but it's not won or lost at Anfield.

In fact, I'd say we have given a decent account of ourselves. It was the the 8 games of Brucey that have cost us dearly.