The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I would love to know a detailed reason as to why anyone believes we will stay up, the whole squad is absolutely rotten.

Im glad we are rid of Bruce, but this is not better at all. Bar Joelinton this is as crap as i have ever seen

Same position as before really. We are 3 points from safety and have the January transfer window coming up. 

To say we are 'definitely' down before we've seen who we can bring in and have a very favourable run in for the next few months is a bit daft. 

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I would love to know a detailed reason as to why anyone believes we will stay up, the whole squad is absolutely rotten.

We've shown enough improvement to take points of teams we should be taking them from 

We're only three points adrift 

We have the January transfer window coming up 

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

We've shown enough improvement to take points of teams we should be taking them from 

We're only three points adrift 

We have the January transfer window coming up 

Have to disagree with the showing enough improvement. We do look much fitter, however we have looked poor or worse in most of the games under Howe. Not laying all the blame at his door for that, it’s mainly down to the squad we have.

Bottom (albeit jointly) at Christmas. We all know how that ends 9.5 times out of ten. Not to mention we need to achieve something that’s never been achieved before to stay up; that is to stay up after failing to win any of the opening 14 games.

All the signs are against us. It’s extremely likely that we’re down, even with some good additions in January.

2 hours ago, Jaqen said:

Same position as before really. We are 3 points from safety and have the January transfer window coming up. 

To say we are 'definitely' down before we've seen who we can bring in and have a very favourable run in for the next few months is a bit daft. 

Yes still in same position, but them just above Burnley and Watford have 3 and 2 games in hand.

At this stage 10 points,realistic target to stay up around 38 points,can't see 28 points coming in...But you never know.

Not end of the world if we go down , will piss the championship next season and have a better team in two years time anyway .

Remember when we all said we would be happy playing in the conference if it meant getting rid of Ashley ?

Edited by Geogaddi

1 minute ago, Geogaddi said:

Not end of the world if we go down , will piss the championship next season and have a better team in two years time anyway .

Remember when we all said we would be happy playing in the conference if it meant getting rid of Ashley ?

Absolutely no guarantee we piss the championship.

4 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Any optimism I have stems from the fact I think we will sign 5/6 players in Jan who go straight into the 11, coupled with the fact that, despite hearing constantly no one has ever survived from our position before and we need X amount of points, we are only 3 points from safety. 

There is no set number of points we need. We need to get 4 points more than Norwich, Burnley and Watford from this point onwards.

obviously if the other teams win their games in hand then it makes it slightly harder, but with our financial situation and only being 3 points adrift, it’s not as big a task as a lot of people think.

3 minutes ago, Raconteur said:

The whole "never ever in history has it been done" if pretty fucking daft, if you ask me.

When has a relegation-threatened team been afforded hundreds of millions to buy genuinely quality players?

We have the money but doesn’t guarantee we will be able to bring in enough, your point only becomes valid once we see what happens.

We may on paper have a massive potential spend but until players start getting bids made on them and more importantly sign we dont know how lavish our spending will be. The very fact we could go down could see us spend out right very little we could offer massive fees just to loan the unobtainable or make signings deemed short term fixes on short contracts which could be snapped up relatively cheaply. 

Do I think we will spend yes I do, do I think it will be 100's of millions well no cannot see it personally if this was the summer and we knew we were still in a league 100m+ easy but right now its very unlikely as I cannot see a 30/40/50/60m player wanting to play in the championship for a season which is a distinct possibility. 

They've just spent years (and 350m) acquiring the club. They might well have planned to spend modestly in January, but the future of the club is on the line - they're going to spend in order to protect their investment.

As for attracting players, if you listen to rumourmongers, Trippier and Lindgard are as good as signed. The new executive mentioned three players they certainly want, with another two or three if necessary. It becomes more apparent every week that those extra two or three are pretty fucking necessary.