The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

14 hours ago, HTT II said:

I’m staggered people still think we can/will stay up, the stats suggest otherwise, everything does. Me, it will be tough to take, but I’m confident either way we will see success in the coming years and next season whatever division we are in, with his own players, I’m sure Howe will have us excelling.

The one stat that matters is that we are 3 points from safety with half a season left and arguably more ability to improve our squad than those around us.

I'll tell you how confident I feel when I see our line up for Watford.

On 23/12/2021 at 07:03, madras said:

The one stat that matters is that we are 3 points from safety with half a season left and arguably more ability to improve our squad than those around us.

Totally agree. If we can bring some players in sharpish in Jan, the matches in Jan and Feb give us a decent chance. The fact as diabolical as we have been and aren’t completely dead in the water with the transfer window still to come gives me some hope.

On 23/12/2021 at 07:03, madras said:

It’s also rare that a team at the bottom might be able to buy their way out like we potentially could.

I think that Shearer hit the nail on the head, we need 6 players. 3 points behind Burnley who have played less games. 6 points behind Watford who have played less games and both have better goal difference. I'm hopeful but it will be a miracle if we stay up

2 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

I think that Shearer hit the nail on the head, we need 6 players. 3 points behind Burnley who have played less games. 6 points behind Watford who have played less games and both have better goal difference. I'm hopeful but it will be a miracle if we stay up

We aren't 3 points behindBurnley or 6 points behind Watford ???

45 minutes ago, Rod said:

Add Leeds to that mini league.

Maybe but if we concentrate on those 4 we will be about right but I understand Leeds I tipped them as my side to struggle at the start of the season. Brentford are on 20 points and will I agree struggle but think the will finish 5th bottom. 

Edited by GWN

Too early to judge anything on the basis of ASM and Wilson being injured. We don't know how long they're out for, we don't know what our fixture list will even look like because of covid and we don't know what players will be in the squad either. 

Covid party tonight in the dressing room I think. 

If we keep seeing the improvement it will be close imo. We can win 7 or 8. Not sure we will. The signings need to be spot on and need to be immediate next week. 

I like what we have seen from Howe so far, provided we keep improving I'd be happy to keep him if we are relegated. Just hope we would be able to keep our better players.

Edited by toontownman

Still massively in the shit but we're now pointing in the right direction imo. Effort, motivation, structure and momentum go a long way in this league, they're a much better team than us but we could have beaten them tonight. We've got hope.

Burnley having 4 fucking games in hand is ridiculous. The PL need to do something before teams end up having played like 6 or more less than everyone else. League table looks like a shit show at the minute. 

If theres any positives to hold onto at this stage too its that we're within touching distance of 17th and we've won one game in 19. :lol: The league is so shit that if you can string together some kind of form you'll easily pull away from the bottom 3.