The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Guest HTT II
5 minutes ago, wormy said:

I haven't paid nearly enough attention to football the past couple of years but doesn't he manage to 'lose his way' for a while near enough every season?

He’s hot and cold, when he’s hot though he’s a top player.

2 hours ago, HTT II said:

I’d take Richarlison in a heart beat too, he’s a dynamic, aggressive forward with goals in him. He’s lost his way a bit this season, but then so have most of the Everton team.

I would not take him for sure. Would have rashford way over him. Dont want any tho. 

Guest HTT II
5 minutes ago, peder said:

I would not take him for sure. Would have rashford way over him. Dont want any tho. 

He’s got everything you want in a modern forward, pace, aggression, directness, can play a withdrawn role and seems to have a winners mentality in that he goes in hard chasing after the ball, his man and getting into positions to score or get a strike off. He’d be a huge upgrade for us.

9 minutes ago, HTT II said:

He’s got everything you want in a modern forward, pace, aggression, directness, can play a withdrawn role and seems to have a winners mentality in that he goes in hard chasing after the ball, his man and getting into positions to score or get a strike off. He’d be a huge upgrade for us.

But he is way to often selfish and always want to try himself. He is also an very mood dependent player. When its not going good he fades away totaly. 

Guest HTT II
Just now, peder said:

But he is way to often selfish and always want to try himself. He is also an very mood dependent player. When its not going good he fades away totaly. 

True, but he has kind of had to be for Everton, I think under Howe that would change as I hope it does with ASM…

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

True, but he has kind of had to be for Everton, I think under Howe that would change as I hope it does with ASM…

We could hope yea. But there are players I would rather go for. From Everton Gordon have impressed me alot and have been the best of the bunch in alot of the latest matches. 

Guest HTT II
12 minutes ago, peder said:

I can still not get over the fact that van donny choose Everton over us since he didnt want to be in an relegation fight. Look how that turned out. 

He’s bobbins anyway!

17 hours ago, madras said:

Is that fact ? I mean have you got evidence to back that up or is it like so many other footballing myths ?

mackems when they survived several times, Leicester the year before they won the league, us when we went down… there are loads of examples of it.

Whether it consistently happens or if it’s just one or two teams every so often is up for debate.

1 hour ago, Fantail Breeze said:

mackems when they survived several times, Leicester the year before they won the league, us when we went down… there are loads of examples of it.

Whether it consistently happens or if it’s just one or two teams every so often is up for debate.

That's not what was said though. What was said was that teams at the bottom pick up more points in the second half of the season than the first. Obviously some teams will, some won't, I just wondered if there was evidence of it being a general rule.

7 hours ago, r0cafella said:

People keep talking about points deduction but what does the actual rule state? 

Every season about this time of year there is a random story about x club getting a points deduction to throw the relegation/top four/title fight into disarray.

It never happens.

5 hours ago, HTT II said:

I’d take Richarlison in a heart beat too, he’s a dynamic, aggressive forward with goals in him. He’s lost his way a bit this season, but then so have most of the Everton team.

The feel good factor and possibly having some sort of relationship with our Brazilian boys might help if he was to come.

Don't think Richarlison is the kind of c**t we'd be interested in if the last window is anything to go by. Good team personalities.

An under-rated commodity perhaps considering it was something Keegan looked for and that worked out pretty well.

He is having a bad year but he has scored over 11 goals previous 3 years largely playing as a winger. and was a teenager for 2 of those years. He is 3 years younger than Ollie Watkins who gets a lot of praise and scores more. He is low on confidence right now, he has not scored that much but also hasnt had the minutes and been in a poor team geared towards Ronaldo. 

I would have him in a heartbeat, Howe could get him singing and the attack could be built around him. Ludicrous to call him 'finished' or anything.

Seeing Burnley and Everton's run. I think Everton will go. Burnley have a few winnable matches. Surprisingly bookies still have them at 3/1 so....

Edited by Menace

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Richarlison's attitude on the pitch hasn't always been there and he's technically limited.

If we want a Brazilian wide forward, it's got to be Raphinha.

With him and Rice, they go to a top club but if we move early and aggresively we can get them.

Raphinha I think might be possible this summer, Rice nah. As has been said any player that will expect to be paid over 100k a week won’t be here.

12 minutes ago, Nine said:

Raphinha I think might be possible this summer, Rice nah. As has been said any player that will expect to be paid over 100k a week won’t be here.

Pretty sure they will be. £100k is nothing to decent footballers these days- around 5 or 6 at Everton are on/above that, and I’d be hoping we sign better quality players than all of those. 

edit- plus isn’t Bruno on more than that? Lots of sources say £120k

Edited by Manxst

Guest HTT II
1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Richarlison's attitude on the pitch hasn't always been there and he's technically limited.

If we want a Brazilian wide forward, it's got to be Raphinha.

With him and Rice, they go to a top club but if we move early and aggresively we can get them.

Technically I wouldn’t say he’s limited myself, not great, but decent enough, like Perez was for us. And Raphina any day of the week. No chance we sign Rice unless we offer something like 250k a week. He’ll go to Man Utd or if WHU make the CL, he will stay for another season.