The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

I am down to about a 2. Some tough fixtures coming up but we have shown enough without our 3 best players that we should stay up. We have the momentum (more like a tsunami at the minute) which is absolutely crucial when you're scrapping for every point at the bottom.

19 hours ago, loki679 said:

I'd love to see Everton go down.

Me too, I’ve never enjoyed playing them. Shite stadium, awful supporters. Inferiority complex with their neighbours. Even an influx of cash couldn’t polish that turd.

Scouse mackems is so accurate.

Guest HTT II

We are not quite safe yet and could easily be dragged back into it, but we’ve done amazingly to get ourselves into a favourable position. We should in all reality, be looking to finish as high as possible up the league, that should be the aim!

4 minutes ago, HTT II said:

We are not quite safe yet and could easily be dragged back into it, but we’ve done amazingly to get ourselves into a favourable position. We should in all reality, be looking to finish as high as possible up the league, that should be the aim!

This, and the icing would be for the scouse mackems to go down!!

I was worried that our goal difference could cost us a few weeks back but even that is looking canny now, fairly sure it was second worst in the league at Christmas time and now it’s only 2 worse off than Burnley and better than everyone else down there bar Brentford. 

27 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Everton still have Wolves, us, Palace and Brentford ar home and Watford and Burnley away.  All winnable.

For their opposition, aye. :lol: They're fucking shite. :lol:

They'll beat us like, now I've said that. 

17 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Around 4 minutes in, my word. Those fixtures. If they fail to beat Wolves and/or us they'd be my bets to go. 

Absolutley! Wolves are on a torrid run but maybe a big opportunity for them to turn it around against Everton. If Wolves beat them the fans will be ready to turn when we play them after. Could be a massive game.

4 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Everton still have Wolves, us, Palace and Brentford ar home and Watford and Burnley away.  All winnable.

I also think that's part of the problem. 

The second you start picking games out like that you take your eye off the ball. The teams that pull away from the shit tend to pick up a surprise result and don't focus on 'the bankers' against teams near them. Palace aren't a bad side, and Brentford will take a lot from that win against Norwich and the increased influence of Eriksen. Watford are a sneakily good team on the counter-attack and I wouldn't like to see Michael Keane against Wout Weghorst. 

Everton need a win desperately right now if only to restore some confidence. They beat a Leeds side in similar form that were missing several key players. After that the Cup wins have papered over the fact they've won twice in the league since December 6. It's a massive job for Lampard and his two big aces in January were a loan signing and a player that's desperately trying to rehab his career. 

Next couple of home games are crucial for Everton. Wolves are a tough side and then they have us which is a colossal fixture. 

If we can even pick up a couple of draws out of the next 4, or even squeeze out a win we’ll be looking very good going into two games against Wolves and Leicester. 

8 minutes ago, DebuchyAndTheBeast said:

I changed my vote from a 9 to a 4. 3 wins and 3 draws is a realistic haul from 12 games and I think that we will achieve this given our current form. My only worry is that our easiest fixtures left are all away: Everton, Norwich and Burnley. 

Not need 40 points to stay up this season

10 minutes ago, DebuchyAndTheBeast said:

I changed my vote from a 9 to a 4. 3 wins and 3 draws is a realistic haul from 12 games and I think that we will achieve this given our current form. My only worry is that our easiest fixtures left are all away: Everton, Norwich and Burnley. 

Another 7-8 points will probably do the trick. Wolves, Palace and Leicester at home are also decent fixtures. I have no doubt we'll also pick up the odd shock result too.

Edited by The Prophet

Think if we beat Everton away, then we're as good as safe. I know Everton are absolutely shit at the minute, but at home, they seem to look better? (At least, going off of MoTD.) Saying that, we have enough to win there, I just don't think it's as much of a given as it might be.

10 minutes ago, SiLvOR said:

Think if we beat Everton away, then we're as good as safe. I know Everton are absolutely shit at the minute, but at home, they seem to look better? (At least, going off of MoTD.) Saying that, we have enough to win there, I just don't think it's as much of a given as it might be.

They can beat us if he drops Pickford, T-Rex arms always had a mare and can’t cope with our fans.