The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

27 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Technically I wouldn’t say he’s limited myself, not great, but decent enough, like Perez was for us. And Raphina any day of the week. No chance we sign Rice unless we offer something like 250k a week. He’ll go to Man Utd or if WHU make the CL, he will stay for another season.

Not sure on this....Man U have become basket cases, and unless they get a real manager with a proper plan they won't have the pick and choose of the best players for a fair while. We've got as much chance as West Ham of signing him...them because this season looks like a massive flash in the pan job, us because all we can solidly offer at the minute is a huge pay check.

He's going nowhere

Guest HTT II
5 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Not sure on this....Man U have become basket cases, and unless they get a real manager with a proper plan they won't have the pick and choose of the best players for a fair while. We've got as much chance as West Ham of signing him...them because this season looks like a massive flash in the pan job, us because all we can solidly offer at the minute is a huge pay check.

He's going nowhere

They are still a big draw and pay massive wages, Rice would be with some of his England team-mates at Man Utd as well. Right now he’d choose them over us any day of the week, as would most players. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves…

Edited by HTT II

Just now, HTT II said:

They are still a big draw pay massive wages, Rice would be with some of his England team-mates at Man Utd as well. Right now he’d choose them over us any day of the week, as would most players. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves…

Thats a fair point, but it is starting to look like they are just throwing money at 'star' players without any thought as to how they would actually make their team better. 

We threw money at Chris Wood....might not be any kind of decent player, but it can't really be argued that his presence hasn't improved out results.

Man U went for Ronaldo....sold a few more shirts, but their team looks worse than before he signed as he's got this untouchable aura that insists on a team being entirely focussed on him getting the goal/assist. Unfortunately for the he is now 37, and no matter how much training and dedication he has, things will start slowing down, niggles will take longer to heal, fatigue will take longer to pass.

Guest HTT II
Just now, gjohnson said:

Thats a fair point, but it is starting to look like they are just throwing money at 'star' players without any thought as to how they would actually make their team better. 

We threw money at Chris Wood....might not be any kind of decent player, but it can't really be argued that his presence hasn't improved out results.

Man U went for Ronaldo....sold a few more shirts, but their team looks worse than before he signed as he's got this untouchable aura that insists on a team being entirely focussed on him getting the goal/assist. Unfortunately for the he is now 37, and no matter how much training and dedication he has, things will start slowing down, niggles will take longer to heal, fatigue will take longer to pass.

Rice and others won’t think of the bigger team dynamic/picture when considering to join them, they’ll be confident they are joining a club that competes for major honours, for massive wages and will be playing alongside big name stars in front of 70+ fans and that their ability can help win the club trophies. Ronaldo wasn’t put off rejoining because he would have to potentially press more in their set-up, it might make him consider leaving, but again most players don’t even think about where they’d fit in or not, not at clubs like Man Utd, in the way they don’t as a club these days either.

Just now, HTT II said:

Rice and others won’t think of the bigger team dynamic/picture when considering to join them, they’ll be confident they are joining a club that competes for major honours, for massive wages and will be playing alongside big name stars in front of 70+ fans and that their ability can help win the club trophies. Ronaldo wasn’t put off rejoining because he would have to potentially press more in their set-up, it might make him consider leaving, but again most players don’t even think about where they’d fit in or not, not at clubs like Man Utd, in the way they don’t as a club these days either.

Well i'd mostly agree, but who would have realistically though Trippier would join us....he saw a vision, a project, and something to be part of. No doubt a huge wage will have helped.

Ronaldo didn't rejoin for the money, as lord knows he can't be short of that....his re-joining was purely down to ego....coming back as a returning hero to take his old team back to the top without the self awareness to know that he wouldn't have the same stamina or fitness from his peak Madrid years, or that Man U had players with ego

s as big as his (Pogba) or even remembering that the Pl plays at a much higher intensity than Spain. Any player should know that it is the team that wins games, not the individual.

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Well i'd mostly agree, but who would have realistically though Trippier would join us....he saw a vision, a project, and something to be part of. No doubt a huge wage will have helped.

Ronaldo didn't rejoin for the money, as lord knows he can't be short of that....his re-joining was purely down to ego....coming back as a returning hero to take his old team back to the top without the self awareness to know that he wouldn't have the same stamina or fitness from his peak Madrid years, or that Man U had players with ego

s as big as his (Pogba) or even remembering that the Pl plays at a much higher intensity than Spain. Any player should know that it is the team that wins games, not the individual.

Trippier is 31, wanted to move back North and no-one else was realistically in for him, I think game time means a lot to him too and he’s rare in a footballer in that he’s quite intelligent and DOES see a bigger picture. Prime Trippier does not sign for Howe’s NUFC though over say Man Utd. I agree Ronaldo went back as a vanity project which was also a vanity project by Man Utd themselves. Neither have a thought to the bigger picture and that’s my point. Rice wouldn’t think, ooh, if I go to Man Utd, it could take years to get to where they used to, where do I play in their system, or anything else like that. Guaranteed. I’d like him here of course, but it won’t happen unless it’s for 250k + a week and 100m or so on a transfer fee and if that did happen, it also proves my point because if you’re him, you could go to a bigger club and achieve success far quicker than say at an NUFC.

2 hours ago, HTT II said:

Technically I wouldn’t say he’s limited myself, not great, but decent enough, like Perez was for us. And Raphina any day of the week. No chance we sign Rice unless we offer something like 250k a week. He’ll go to Man Utd or if WHU make the CL, he will stay for another season.

I thought Rice would be Chelsea bound but that won’t happen. 

There’s not much else competition for him.  Man U perhaps. 

I do think if we move aggressively and quickly there’s a chance we land him.  

imo it doesn’t take much to get involved in 4-8 most seasons.  2-3 top class signings and we are right in the hunt. 

4 hours ago, Manxst said:

Pretty sure they will be. £100k is nothing to decent footballers these days- around 5 or 6 at Everton are on/above that, and I’d be hoping we sign better quality players than all of those. 

edit- plus isn’t Bruno on more than that? Lots of sources say £120k

I dont think we will tip our wage structure over 100k a week yet, it will take at least another season. I think Bruno is on 70-80k.

15 minutes ago, Nine said:

I dont think we will tip our wage structure over 100k a week yet, it will take at least another season. I think Bruno is on 70-80k.

For the right players we should. 

Chelsea could fall. Man Utd are still poorly run. Arsenal making losses. 

woth smart and big investment we could be in the CL within 2 years. 

West Ham (and Everton and Villa) are paying players 150k. For the right players we need to compete with that. 

33 minutes ago, Nine said:

L’Equipe say he’s on £120k but I can’t copy the tweet. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/17489110/newcastle-bruno-guimaraes-contract/amp/

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1556963/Newcastle-quadruple-Bruno-Guimaraes-wages-medical-premier-league-transfer-news/amp

22 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

Almiron is on 100k isn't he. 

Don’t know. But to say we won’t go past £100k this summer is nuts, imo. The standard of player should/will be looking at for some positions will be past that figure.