FA Cup 3rd Round Draw: Cambridge United (H)

nufcjb

On 07/12/2021 at 09:59, Yorkie said:

:lol: what a nice fella. 

I used to sit behind the goal in the Leazes, we'd often get in early enough to watch the warm-ups. He was playing for Man City and nearing the end, but he was at peak ponytail. Someone in the stands was giving him some stick about it so he flipped him the bird. :lol:

Swindon v Man City

Millwall v Crystal Palace

Hull v Everton

West Ham v Leeds

Forest v Arsenal

ManU v Villa

Boring, predictable picks. Would've been nice to see one of the non-leaguers. Ah well. West Ham probably needed that 20 grand.

Really annoyed me that tbh. Six games and every one featuring a PL team, at least half of which will be half-arsing it. Depressing that they simply have to have a PL team - who we've all seen a million times before - in every single one. Two all-PL clashes as well, not to mention the ever-scintillating Hull City. 

The only two of those which I agree should be on TV are the Forest v Arsenal and Swindon v Man City matches.

Why would anyone want to watch Man Utd and Villa put two reserve teams out?

Kidderminster v Reading and Yeovil v Bournemouth miles more interesting than four of those matches.

43 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Swindon v Man City

Millwall v Crystal Palace

Hull v Everton

West Ham v Leeds

Forest v Arsenal

ManU v Villa

Boring, predictable picks. Would've been nice to see one of the non-leaguers. Ah well. West Ham probably needed that 20 grand.

Each club will receive a live broadcast fee of £85,000 apparently. Which makes the selections even more absurd.

Horrendous isn't it? After last season, surely those 85ks would have much more beneficial to some non/lower league clubs.

Instead Man City, Palace, Everton, West Ham, Leeds, Arsenal, Man U and Villa all benefit. Absolutely fucking stinks.

Edited by Magpie

I find a Man Utd and City and Chelsea utterly boring to watch and the whole narrative around those clubs, they are dull and lack the lament of suspense and excitement say LFC produce or Leicester even. 

18 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Man Utd v Villa and West Ham v Leeds are also league fixtures just the following weekend. :lol: Awful picks. 

Jesus it gets worse.

Really got my goat has this. :lol: 🐐