Newcastle United 1 - 0 Burnley (04/12/2021)

Yorkie

1 hour ago, Tyne81 said:

Amanda Staveley currently drinking in Pub and Kitchen in North Shields. I was naughty last night so not allowed to pop down the road to bow down ffs

I just walked past when I took the mutt for his bedtime turd.

Amanda’s drinking Cristal in the VIP section, Sam Fender’s on the karaoke, Patrick Topping’s DJing in the back room and Sean Longstaff is stood on the bar doing keepy uppies with a Terrys chocolate orange. Quiet night in NE29. 

Edited by bobbydazzla

1 minute ago, Tyne81 said:

Rights it is. Bizarre place to Rock up, cynical side of reckons it's PR linked to Sam Fender but fuck knows

I like Sam Fender and have absolutely no way of knowing whether this is true but my brother in law can't stand him because he used to work open mic nights at Barca in Gosforth and reckons the Geordie accent he has now is massively put on. :lol:

Just now, kisearch said:

I like Sam Fender and have absolutely no way of knowing whether this is true but my brother in law can't stand him because he used to work open mic nights at Barca in Gosforth and reckons the Geordie accent he has now is massively put on. :lol:

It's not at all.

Just now, Rocker said:

It's not at all.

I said to him that it didn't seem like it was like, but he's absolutely adamant that he didn't talk like that at the open mic nights. Wouldn't even dislike him for it anyway tbh, I do exactly the same thing depending on who I'm talking to.

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Can anyone who has been to the last few games confirm that the atmosphere has been brilliant ? I’ve only been able to watch on tv but it sounds great ?

Brentford was good, Norwich was better, didn’t go today.

13 minutes ago, kisearch said:

I said to him that it didn't seem like it was like, but he's absolutely adamant that he didn't talk like that at the open mic nights. Wouldn't even dislike him for it anyway tbh, I do exactly the same thing depending on who I'm talking to.

Aye, I have a work voice, for sure.

He went to John Spence and lived on Verne Road for years and years. I know him well from when I did buskers at the Surf Cafe. He's exactly what you see elsewhere.

My accent around my family and friends is Biffa Bacon and if I'm on the phone with clients etc I'm more Jimmy Nail at a job interview.

Edited by Rocker

16 minutes ago, kisearch said:

I also know Sam and agree with what Rocker says. 

He grew up in Shields in a working class geordie family, he might play up the accent at times but it’s not fake. 

Edited by bobbydazzla

19 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Can anyone who has been to the last few games confirm that the atmosphere has been brilliant ? I’ve only been able to watch on tv but it sounds great ?

We were in the East Stand and it was rocking in the second half, proper sense of togetherness. I’m just happy to feel like that about NUFC again. 

Feels like a massive day. The hope and belief that only comes with winning. It gives us a chance. 

9 minutes ago, Rocker said:

Aye, I have a work voice, for sure.

He went to John Spence and lived on Verne Road for years and years. I know him well from when I did buskers at the Surf Cafe. He's exactly what you see elsewhere.

My accent around my family and friends is Biffa Bacon and if I'm on the phone with clients etc I'm more Jimmy Nail at a job interview.

:lol: Its definitely a John Spence accent, like.