Newcastle United 1 - 0 Burnley (04/12/2021)

Yorkie

It was just one of those days, wasn't it? 

They hit the post, their best player went off injured, they had a goal disallowed and we scored from an error which would *usually* be pulled back for a foul (even thought it wasn't). 

Fuck our next 4 fixtures, who gives a shit. I'm off to get some booze in and by 8pm I'm going to be singing to my dog. 

4 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I’m sure dychey will simultaneously whinge about the game being “soft” and cry for a foul on the keeper for our goal 

He can cry as much as he wants. 

I thought we were excellent. I get that the game was turgid in the first half but that's the PL, especially against Burnley. They are the archetypal shithouses and we still took control and went 1-0 up.

In the second half we kept the ball better, had like 6 corners on the trot and dominated. It was only in the last 10 when we dropped to deep.

The only disappointment for me is that we didn't score more.

29 minutes ago, Bizza said:

Our next 4 fixtures: 

Leicester (a)

Liverpool (a)

Man City (H)

Man U (H)

:scared:

I refuse to be anything other than positive today.

10-12 points from that lot, Liverpool away we might be held to a draw if they have a good day. Bring it on.

23 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

Man City win and we're three points ( + goals difference) from safety. Six points (+ goal difference) from 11th.

Stay positive.

Yes lad! 

Decided to go to a local game (Cov v West Brom), get drunk and forget about the NUFC result...since it turned out so well I think I may have to do this every week

On a more thoughtful note, to have been this shite (and plain unfit) for so long this season, and to still be within reach of safety is quite the feat. We can do this man.