Newcastle United 1 - 0 Burnley (04/12/2021)

Yorkie

Lascelles was solid at the back. Lewis seems to found his confidence again. We need a few more players to grow. That's a huge burden of their shoulders now. Hopefully, they'll play better and freely more without that pressure.

We were pretty bad for the most part. Lascelles was superb after a shaky start. Lewis solid again. Shelvey and Joelinton have just carried on their form under Howe. Class yet again. 

Imagine watching Burnley every week. Just diving, timewasting (the same as us, mind), big punts up the pitch, shithouse behaviour and just nothing to get excited about. They are so hard to play against, though and don’t think that can be understated. They managed to draw at Chelsea playing like that. 

All that said, they were arguably the better side over 90 minutes and I’ll take a scrappy win. 

5 minutes ago, Bizza said:

Our next 4 fixtures: 

Leicester (a)

Liverpool (a)

Man City (H)

Man U (H)

:scared:

Hideous, but I think we can get a couple of points from that and it probably wouldn't be the end of the world assuming Leeds, Watford, Brentford et al don't all go on mad runs. 

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Hideous, but I think we can get a couple of points from that and it probably wouldn't be the end of the world assuming Leeds, Watford, Brentford et al don't all go on mad runs. 

I honestly think we could nick a point at Leicester and beat Man Utd.

1 point would be a good return from those games though. 

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

What was Howe's record like against big sides? Feels like his style of play means you can nick the odd result against a 'big team'.