Newcastle United 1 - 0 Burnley (04/12/2021)

Yorkie

I can't believe we couldn't find another goal during that spell. Never looked like we were gonna make the right decision at any point, and we pretty much didn't. So many times we just ran at the defence and basically just gave up until we were tackled, but thankfully kept winning it back just as capably. 

What's most pleasing is that we had the guts and the fitness to close the game out. 

Nice one. So pleased for Howe, he's been desperate to get that win, he deserves it, and you could see how really pleased he was, and he went straight out to the lads to tell them, Pat's on the backs for all, as that was such a difficult game, Burnley are such a difficult side, they're beatable, but it's the way they go about it, I'd really, really, like to see the back of Burnley, they're just a side I can't stand. Credit to the way they go about their way, but for me, they're a perfect club for someone like Mike Ashley to own, cheap ass grinders. Hopefully we stay up and they go down.

Super nervy last 10 against turbo Orcball, but before that, quite a good second half that nearly got a second goal. The only scary movement was that amazing Barca-type one-touch move by them which resulted in Rodriguez offside. I wouldn't be surprised if it still makes their season highlight reel. A very rare moment of class in this match.

Up to ten points, which is shit, but no shitter than two other teams and not much shitter than several others. We only have to finish above three others, and don't have to swim faster than the shark yada yada.

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I can't believe we couldn't find another goal during that spell. Never looked like we were gonna make the right decision at any point, and we pretty much didn't. So many times we just ran at the defence and basically just gave up until we were tackled, but thankfully kept winning it back just as capably. 

What's most pleasing is that we had the guts and the fitness to close the game out. 

That was probably more to do with the nerves and pressure of the situation, hopefully we will see improvement going forward.