Newcastle United 1 - 0 Burnley (04/12/2021)

Yorkie

27 minutes ago, Klaus said:

Delighted with the result obviously, but somewhat concerned about the performance. Burnley are crap tbh and we still struggled to break them down. Sadly I can see us still being on 10 points after the next 4 games, which will see us probably cut adrift again. Will need a miracle and some very astute signings in January to stay up.

Perspective needed Chelsea and Wolves didn’t beat these at home, it’s rarely going to be a great performance against this lot.

Cracking result against a very tough team.

13 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Yeah it was an ugly win but our first one was probably always likely to be. Yesterday was a case of making sure we profited from whatever scraps we could find and then remaining solid enough to see it out. In the end it probably should've been more comfortable and whilst they had one or two moments, I don't think Burnley could've complained had it been a 2-0 defeat as opposed to the narrow 1-0 it turned out to be. We were some better decision making/better corners away from snatching at least another goal in that second half spell, plus Murphy's fluffed opportunity on the counter right at the end. 

still trying to wrap my head around that attempt on goal from Murphy. 

needed an Ando “JUST PUT IT IN THE NET!”

Edited by Kanji

Defo the person running the twitter is no longer restricted, not scared to post things what might get them the sack. Something positive under Ashley would have seen the man baby on the war path.

Staying up or even going down, we're in a far better place.

Edited by Bimpy474

Since Howe come in, we look much more of a threat in attack and this is showing in our increased possession, corner and shot count. Shelvey is getting more forward too and having chances to shoot more regularly which is pleasing cause he is someone who can get goals from long range in a number of ways, from clearances coming back out, from nock-downs and from balls into him with slave and time. That’s what I noticed a lot during the Burnley game.

Only got to see the MOTD highlights of this and they made it look favourable to us...quite a few blocked shots etc so we definitely look a threat. Considering most of these players were involved for 80 mins with only 10 men on Tuesday seems positive as well regards to fitness levels etc.

Possession and attempt stats are up over Bruce ball since Howe arrived so positive moves on that side. Can imagine this win will be a weight off the shoulders so hopefully that will be reflected in our games going forward.

2 hours ago, geordiesteve710 said:

Can't really knock the atmosphere since the takeover went through really. Been even better the last three games though.

Yesterday probably not quite as good as Tuesday when the crowd really stepped up after the early red card but it felt like a special moment at the end of the game yesterday with the players hugging and majority of the crowd staying behind to chant and cheer them off. Even for a grumpy old git like me.

Brentford was the best atmosphere I've been to since Chelsea semi final ant Wembley.

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Brentford was the best atmosphere I've been to since Chelsea semi final ant Wembley.

Aye. Was brilliant in the second half yesterday. Struggling to imagine what it's going to be like for Man Utd (h).

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Aye. Was brilliant in the second half yesterday. Struggling to imagine what it's going to be like for Man Utd (h).

As long as the fans keep doing their part  EH will make sure the players respond and perform. It's a 2 way street and the fans are starting to remember how to support the club, the team and the manager all at the same time. It's brilliant to be part of and can't wait till I'm lucky enough to secure my next game. Never thought I'd ever say that again. 

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

As long as the fans keep doing their part  EH will make sure the players respond and perform. It's a 2 way street and the fans are starting to remember how to support the club, the team and the manager all at the same time. It's brilliant to be part of and can't wait till I'm lucky enough to secure my next game. Never thought I'd ever say that again. 

So why did they boo the team which ran their tits off against Norwich? I didn't get that ?

10 minutes ago, GWN said:

So why did they boo the team which ran their tits off against Norwich? I didn't get that ?

You'll have to ask the minority who did but it's probably because it was a must win game and we didn't. Must wins are win at any cost, the players didn't get the win mainly due to Clark but others also didn't step up. Fans played their part and result wise were let down. 

People boo the team, a specific player, the manager and the officials after a game, so those boo's could be aimed at Clark. At the time I could have swung for the cunt never mind boo. Even today a game later I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire. Shame you can't target booing but I'd imagine it's aimed at the main person who let us down and could relegate the club. Unfortunately it leads to questions like yours so unless its obvious as to why, don't fucking boo. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Dokko said:

You'll have to ask the minority who did but it's probably because it was a must win game and we didn't. Must wins are win at any cost, the players didn't get the win mainly due to Clark but others also didn't step up. Fans played their part and result wise were let down. 

People boo the team, a specific player, the manager and the officials after a game, so those boo's could be aimed at Clark. At the time I could have swung for the cunt never mind boo. Even today a game later I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire. Shame you can't target booing but I'd imagine it's aimed at the main person who let us down and could relegate the club. Unfortunately it leads to questions like yours so unless its obvious as to why, don't fucking boo. :lol:

My son nearly knocked a kid out because of it,I was in the Leazes and it was a large section of them doing it , I was stunned tbh . 

On 04/12/2021 at 21:24, kisearch said:

I said to him that it didn't seem like it was like, but he's absolutely adamant that he didn't talk like that at the open mic nights. Wouldn't even dislike him for it anyway tbh, I do exactly the same thing depending on who I'm talking to.

He might have put on a fake voice for the open mic nights. do you mean comedy open mic, or a more general thing? Did he do slam poetry?

On 05/12/2021 at 10:54, The Prophet said:

It's hardly surprising they started poorly. Most of the side played a physically gruelling game on Tuesday. More importantly though, they hadn't won in 14 games, their confidence will have been on its arse and everyone was aware this was absolute must win.

Yeah. I'm sure it was part of the plan to not press too much, too early. We're looking in better physical shape but we still need to be careful as a lot of our players are fragile as anything.