Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 27/12/21 @ 8pm (Sky)

I'm flying over to Newcastle for xmas tomorrow from the US and have a ticket for this, it'll be my first game since a couple during Rafa's first season in PL. (I was over once during Bruce era but one was the Arsenal boycott). I'd been really looking forward to it, but pretty stressed now deciding whether to go with omnicron raging. I thought it would get cancelled and hoped it did so I didn't have to make the decision. Not only do I not want covid for obvious reasons, but if I got it it means I'd have to pay loads to change flights back to US. Then I think it's outside, one of the people next to me is my dad anyway, maybe just go (skipping all the pub stuff). Ahhh.

Edited by Inferior Acuña

10 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Always used to get spicy around Pink Lane after the match with this lot. 

Absolute set of nobs, their away fans are a world apart from the home tourists support. Always a chew with these dicks slying 'normal' fans.

A game we could get something out of but the ref, and our defence, will see that we dont.

35 minutes ago, Tyne81 said:

Absolute set of nobs, their away fans are a world apart from the home tourists support. Always a chew with these dicks slying 'normal' fans.

A game we could get something out of but the ref, and our defence, will see that we dont.

The defence remains the same, so we will make a couple of mistakes and gift a couple of goals without doubt. No lewis, Fede or hayden in front of them. Hope Lascelles and Schar have a blinder and Clark gets run over by a bus on his way to the game:pow:

Only slither of hope is that we are on form up top and manage a couple ourselves.

We shouldn’t be afraid of these, we can score goals I’m sure, but sadly I can see them scoring even more as we are just too poor defensively and in midfield in defensive positions. 

2 hours ago, The Prophet said:

So given Dummer, Fede, Lewis and Hayden are out, I guess we're looking at: Dubravka, Manquillo, Lascelles, Schar, Ritchie, Big Joe, Willock, Shelvey, Fraser, ASM, Wilson

Are we certain Schar and Manquillo are available?

14 hours ago, Decky said:

You know what I mean though, they’re proper chokers and shouldn’t be held in the same category as Man City and Liverpool.

Last time you didn't lose to us was 2019, you beat Man City in 2019 also. You've got two draws against Liverpool in your last 3 games against them.

:pardsbeard:

1 hour ago, Geogaddi said:

Wish Ole was still at the wheel for this one.

Ole against Newcastle:

P: 5

W: 4

L: 1

GS: 13

GC: 4

Why exactly? :lol: 

-----------------------------------

Good to see there's a lot of optimism around playing us. Should give this one a bit of needle. :lol:

5 hours ago, buzza said:

The defence remains the same, so we will make a couple of mistakes and gift a couple of goals without doubt. No lewis, Fede or hayden in front of them. Hope Lascelles and Schar have a blinder and Clark gets run over by a bus on his way to the game:pow:

Only slither of hope is that we are on form up top and manage a couple ourselves.

Well we aren't particularly. Wilson's the only one who scores goals, and he's been kept quiet last three games. 

But yeah we have plenty of form in conceding them, so where any optimism comes from for a result is a bit of a head scratcher. 

44 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Ole against Newcastle:

P: 5

W: 4

L: 1

GS: 13

GC: 4

Why exactly? :lol: 

-----------------------------------

Good to see there's a lot of optimism around playing us. Should give this one a bit of needle. :lol:

He is an awful manager and wouldn’t be up against an even worse manager in Steve Bruce this time .