Realistic Transfer Targets (2023/24)

joeyt

Anyone else think we should throw in a bid for Minamino and see if he bites during a WC year? 

Scored in all the FA Cup matches then dropped for today. Think he might be tempted and would be a great addition to our attacking options. 

8 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Anyone else think we should throw in a bid for Minamino and see if he bites during a WC year? 

Scored in all the FA Cup matches then dropped for today. Think he might be tempted and would be a great addition to our attacking options. 

As long as we get someone else alongside him I wouldn’t mind 

Maxi  -  Abraham  -  Antony

Joelinton                 Bruno

Merino  

Targett - Burn - Schar - Trippier

New GK

Really think Bruno needs to have a free a role as possible so he can do what he's done in his last few games for us/Brazil.

Thought he was wasted when he came in for Shelvey. Maybe that's also down to Shelvey being low key very important to our system since Howe?

As I'm typing this I'm asking myself if Shelvey is being written off to quickly by a lot of us and deserves a bigger role next season than a lot of us would like to admit? I really can't think of a bad game Shelvey has had since Howe came in.

I think Dortmund might let Julian Brandt go. Certainly plenty of the support wouldn’t be bothered if they did.

He’s definitely a project. With his talents and when on form, if he was firing on all cylinders we wouldn’t have a chance.

He’s been patchy at best though.

I think Howe could definitely improve him. He’s a little click away from being a top footballer. 

I wonder how we will approach the CBs position - will we buy 2 or retain Lascelles?

I’d certainly go for Bremer (and Tarkowski) and bin Lascelles (Fernandez, Dummett and Clark)

Manquillo/Lewis for Hickey 

Hendrick/Hayden/Ritchie - Pacqueta and Lingard (possibly Bissouma)

Almiron - Sarr

Gayle - Zapata

making room for 1 further attacking player 

3 minutes ago, Mikky said:

I wonder how we will approach the CBs position - will we buy 2 or retain Lascelles?

I’d certainly go for Bremer (and Tarkowski) and bin Lascelles (Fernandez, Dummett and Clark)

Manquillo/Lewis for Hickey 

Hendrick/Hayden/Ritchie - Pacqueta and Lingard (possibly Bissouma)

Almiron - Sarr

Gayle - Zapata

making room for 1 further attacking player 

Don’t think Tarkowski will be in any discussions- he’s been distinctly average this season and no better than Lascelles.

Might sound a bit bonkers but Romelu Lukaku will definitely be available this summer. Not many teams will be able to afford him aside from us and he doesn’t suit Tuchel’s football. He also seems to like being the biggest fish in the pond which he’ll be here like he was at Everton and WBA. He’ll also want to be fresh for Belgium’s last push in this winter’s WC. 

1 minute ago, sixx said:

Might sound a bit bonkers but Romelu Lukaku will definitely be available this summer. Not many teams will be able to afford him aside from us and he doesn’t suit Tuchel’s football. He also seems to like being the biggest fish in the pond which he’ll be here like he was at Everton and WBA. He’ll also want to be fresh for Belgium’s last push in this winter’s WC. 

He’s also on over £300k pw for a few more years yet- can’t see him taking a massive pay cut to come to us (just can’t see us paying that kind of wage just yet). More than likely off back to Italy (or Spain?) I’d have thought, given the rumours about him

being in contact with Inter over a transfer. 

59 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Is Tammy Abraham realistic?

Because I think he's exactly what we need. Physical but good feet. Strong with back to goal. Good in the air and a hard worker. What's not to like?

not realistic whilst Jose is there tbh 

11 hours ago, Joey47 said:

Maxi  -  Abraham  -  Antony

Joelinton                 Bruno

Merino  

Targett - Burn - Schar - Trippier

New GK

Really think Bruno needs to have a free a role as possible so he can do what he's done in his last few games for us/Brazil.

Thought he was wasted when he came in for Shelvey. Maybe that's also down to Shelvey being low key very important to our system since Howe?

As I'm typing this I'm asking myself if Shelvey is being written off to quickly by a lot of us and deserves a bigger role next season than a lot of us would like to admit? I really can't think of a bad game Shelvey has had since Howe came in.

Good team with just a powerful and pacy CB required. Bremer from Torino would fit the bill.

I'm not sure this one is particularly realistic given his rise in prominence this season and his international cap but I really liked the look at that Guehi fella last night for Palace. Him, Botman or Badishile for me. Incidentally, that Badiashile fella has been heavily linked with West Ham over the last week.