Realistic Transfer Targets (2023/24)

joeyt

If Nico Williams is beyond us in the summer which looks likely, might be worth staying in the Basque Country and going for Sociedad’s Take Kubo.

Only 22 plays on the right side and comfortable with both feet, would also give us huge exposure to the Japanese market which would tick a lot of boxes with adidas making us an elite club.

Edited by Whitley mag

7 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

If Nico Williams is beyond us in the summer which looks likely, might be worth staying in the Basque Country and going for Sociedad’s Take Kubo.

Only 22 plays on the right side and comfortable with both feet, would also give us huge exposure to the Japanese market which would tick a lot of boxes with adidas making us an elite club.

Valued at 60m, as opposed to 50m for Williams

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/takefusa-kubo/profil/spieler/405398

19 minutes ago, Dr. TC said:

Valued at 60m, as opposed to 50m for Williams

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/takefusa-kubo/profil/spieler/405398

Think Williams is more unlikely due to the CL clubs eyeing him up including Barca, but Liverpool have also been linked with Kubo as a replacement for Salah.

Both exactly the type of player we should be targeting on the right side though.

• 3 weeks later...

As we picked up 2 players last summer from relegated teams I thought it might be worth seeing if there was any decent players from the potentially relegated clubs:

Sheff Utd:

Vini Souza - I've not been impressed but his profile suggests he'll probably get picked up by another Prem club and we were linked with him yesterday

Anel Ahmedhodžić - Was close to joining Napoli in the winter and he's captain at a relatively young age and has his best years ahead of him but I've not seen him play well in the Prem

James McAtee - on loan from Man City and he looks a really nice footballer but too lightweight. Think he'll end up at an Everton/Palace

Burnley:

Don't think I'd touch any of them. Possibly Koleosho as he's young with potential. A few have mentioned James Trafford in goal but he looks weak as piss to me (but only 21)

Luton:

Probably only Barkley who is worth mentioning and he's been linked with Man Utd but doesn't fit our signing profile at all

Nottm Forest:

Murillo and Elanga would be decent pick ups I think. Elanga may be a bit of a wildcard but he's 21 and looked good this season I think

Sangare possibly? Haven't really seen how good he's been for Forest but was a coup at the time

Everton:

Been heavily linked with Onana and Branthwaite seems like someone who we may be interested in. Garner has been linked but I don't think he improves us in midfield

Brentford:

Toney - very unlikely.

I really like Mbeumo as a better version of Miggy but think we may try and do better for that position

Rico Henry would be really good for us at left back if he was fully fit but too much of a risk with such a long term injury. Hickey may also be a shout but I think he fits too much into the Livramento profile

Palace:

Obvious ones are Eze and Olise. Adam Wharton looks really good in centre midfield and we've been linked with Joachim Anderson in the past but he looks shaky I think. Guehi looks solid as dors Doucoure who gets regularly linked to Liverpool. Don't think Palace will go down

Bournemouth:

Been linked with Solanke and Lloyd Kelly and both could improve us or give us depth. Alex Scott will be a lovely player in the future. Not convinced Billing improves us at all in midfield. I think Kerkez at left back would have been a good pickup for us last summer. Don't think Bournemouth will go down

Edited by joeyt

17 minutes ago, joeyt said:

As we picked up 2 players last summer from relegated teams I thought it might be worth seeing if there was any decent players from the potentially relegated clubs:

Sheff Utd:

Vini Souza - I've not been impressed but his profile suggests he'll probably get picked up by another Prem club and we were linked with him yesterday

Anel Ahmedhodžić - Was close to joining Napoli in the winter and he's captain at a relatively young age and has his best years ahead of him but I've not seen him play well in the Prem

James McAtee - on loan from Man City and he looks a really nice footballer but too lightweight. Think he'll end up at an Everton/Palace

Haven't really paid attention to Sheffield United at all, so decided to look him up. Came from second division club Lommel SK in the summer. Turns out Lommel was bought by City Group (their ninth club). Lommel initially paid €2.5m for Souza (which I imagine is a hell of a lot of money for a Belgian second division club) only to immediately loan him out for 3 consecutive seasons before selling him for €12,5m. A bit of a deflection from the topic of your post, but how the hell is this allowed? :lol:

City Group seemingly pumping money into 8 other clubs besides Man City for these clubs to buy talent all around the world, in many cases loaning them out and making profits off them while retaining the possibility to buy the best of these talents like Savio for small fees in order to work around FFP.

An owner group or affiliated group should not be allowed to have a stake in another football team anywhere in the world. Full stop.

Fifa also needs to do more drastic changes world wide to how loans work.

12 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Haven't really paid attention to Sheffield United at all, so decided to look him up. Came from second division club Lommel SK in the summer. Turns out Lommel was bought by City Group (their ninth club). Lommel initially paid €2.5m for Souza (which I imagine is a hell of a lot of money for a Belgian second division club) only to immediately loan him out for 3 consecutive seasons before selling him for €12,5m. A bit of a deflection from the topic of your post, but how the hell is this allowed? :lol:

City Group seemingly pumping money into 8 other clubs besides Man City for these clubs to buy talent all around the world, in many cases loaning them out and making profits off them while retaining the possibility to buy the best of these talents like Savio for small fees in order to work around FFP.

An owner group or affiliated group should not be allowed to have a stake in another football team anywhere in the world. Full stop.

Fifa also needs to do more drastic changes world wide to how loans work.

As I’ve said many times, if this isn’t banned you literally have to do this. You can Hoover up talent from everywhere with this model, restriction free. 

It’s such an insane advantage. 

Found this video interesting, and not because of Enzo Fernandez:

He points out that Gallagher is, statistically, one of the best pressing AMs in the league. Makes sense why we’d have been interested in him.

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/03/2024 at 17:53, Deuce said:

Found this video interesting, and not because of Enzo Fernandez:

He points out that Gallagher is, statistically, one of the best pressing AMs in the league. Makes sense why we’d have been interested in him.

He’s been great. Club captain too, I think. Was (one of the few) disappointed we missed our chance to get him. 

David Fofana as the possible back up/development option up front? 

I know he missed a sitter yesterday, we would be helping out Chelsea (again) and they may not be willing to sell or demand too much. But I have liked the look of him in the small bits I’ve seen. Which admittedly is mainly the odd cameo for Chelsea and highlights for Burnley. But 4 goals in 8 already for them and only 21. 

If Chelsea really are in the shit and need to shift players. Then thought he might be one they look to make a profit on?

54 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Semih Kilicsoy young Turkish wonder kid and apparently we’ve scouted him. Would fit the profile of a young striker to backup Isak.

I wouldn't be opposed to a few of these signings if we can keep our best players. Keep filtering out the shite while not going big wouldn't be the worst given we should be 5/6 players better off with injuries and shit anyway. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

Probably out of our price range this summer but look exactly the type of creative midfielder we need, top clubs already circling unfortunately.

https://x.com/FTalentScout/status/1772739959738212672?s=20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1dhQR9HuOU

Aye he would be perfect imo. I’ve mentioned him before (not sure if on here). The type of player I’d like to see is go for. 

2 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Probably out of our price range this summer but look exactly the type of creative midfielder we need, top clubs already circling unfortunately.

https://x.com/FTalentScout/status/1772739959738212672?s=20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1dhQR9HuOU

He looks like he’s playing against Sunday League players in half of those videos.

Undoubted talent but looks destined for a couple of settling seasons in a top league before it’s fully realised, similar to Mudryk in that respect I guess. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 08/12/2022 at 09:01, arnonel said:

Some Argentine players I would like to target:

• Alan Varela - Boca
    • Would fit perfectly into our system in a DM role
  • Ezequiel Fernández - Boca (on loan at Tigre)
    • Mouth watering prospect of having him and Varela at Boca this year.
  • Gianluca Prestianni - Velez
    • Same club as Perrone.
    • This kid is the business. Proper Wonderkid. Just maybe too young
  • Exequiel Zeballos - Boca
    • Recovering from horrific tackle/injury
    • This guy is Messi V2. His dribbling is off the charts. 
    • Going to be breakout year for him. Love him !

Actually more like 2 years ago

7 minutes ago, arnonel said:

Equi is great, assuming you are talking about Boca

mentioned him in here a year ago I think

Aye. Like Varela I see him going for cheap and then be worth 50m+  as well.