Realistic Transfer Targets (2023/24)

joeyt

4 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Bruno, Kamara and one of our existing midfielders or Paqueta if we sign him is a top half midfield, easy.

Bruno, Kamara, and Joe would be a very strong midfield 3. I don't actually think Paqueta would fit into the 3 as we currently play. That being said I still feel this 4-3-3 formation is more of and ends to a means, and we may end up playing more of a 4-2-3-1 once Howe has had another transfer window and a full pre-season to work with the team. 

15 minutes ago, Infinitely Content said:

If Everton were to go down, I'd take Pickford. His distribution, primarily with his overarm throws is superb; and is as good as having an additional ball playing centre back such is the level of accuracy and awareness he offers.

No thanks 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

No thanks 

We’d be giving him super money. He would be around his mates and the shit bars in Boldon his family hang about in. The whole thing just feels like the worst possible direction we should be going in with our new owners. He is also a cunt.

Just now, Hovagod said:

We’d be giving him super money. He would be around his mates and the shit bars in Boldon his family hang about in. The whole thing just feels like the worst possible direction we should be going in with our new owners. He is also a cunt.

He’s also not that good 

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

He’s also not that good 

Absolutely this. Feel like I am going a bit crazy when I listen to football podcasts wonder about the difference in Pickford for England v Pickford for Everton. Like, it's almost like having better defenders in front of him helps or something......

Pickford's pulled off some absolute worldies for England man. I'd love to know what Southgate and the England camp does for the likes of him, Maguire, and Shaw, because it truly is night and day in terms of their performances. 

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Pickford's pulled off some absolute worldies for England man. I'd love to know what Southgate and the England camp does for the likes of him, Maguire, and Shaw, because it truly is night and day in terms of their performances. 

A large part is that we rarely play top class teams.

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I feel like he pulls of saves that look fantastic because generally England play weaker opponents who are far more prone to attempt a pot shot from distance. Which then can lead to those saves that look amazing for the camera. 

Pickford, Maguire & Shaw are all talented footballers - mismanaged at club level. England play to someone like Maguire's strengths.

I stand by this especially about Manchester United. They have good players with decent to great mentalities. It's terrible coaching, management and leadership that is to blame.

I don't buy this weaker team narrative whatsoever like. We got to a Euro final and a World Cup semi. You could make the case at the World Cup, but not the Euros, where we got to the final by either playing strong teams or 'weak' teams who'd somehow beaten stronger teams to get to us.

7 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Thing is (this will sound bias) that shot was not going in and they scored from the corner 

Yeah that's incredibly bias like. :lol: In real time that very much looked like it was going in and it was a save he had to make. 

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Watch it back! I’m telling you that is not going in. It’s going wide. He wasn’t to know of course 

I know it was going wide, I remember it at the time. In open play there was no way anyone watching it was confident of that though. 

48 minutes ago, Infinitely Content said:

If Everton were to go down, I'd take Pickford. His distribution, primarily with his overarm throws is superb; and is as good as having an additional ball playing centre back such is the level of accuracy and awareness he offers.

WHAT?!

Not a chance in he'd come here and not a chance 95% of our fanbase would want him here either! 

You should be getting 100000000/1 on Skybet for that!

Call it bias but I'd honestly rather we gave Dubs another year than tie ourselves down to Pickford for whatever transfer fee/wages it would take to get him.

Lets his emotions get the better of him and seems to have a howler in him way too often. And Jesus Christ those arms. The worldie saves he does manage don't make up for his faults if we're looking to actually push on up the league imo.

I know a few on here would be keen on him:

I would take him, think he could turn out to be excellent for us. Just needs a change of scenery and arm around him.

Lukaku available for 63 million supposedly, any takers ?

Not for me, I think he’s great but he’s not the type of forward I want, I’d prefer younger, faster with better technique even if a lot less proven for that money 

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Not for me, I think he’s great but he’s not the type of forward I want, I’d prefer younger, faster with better technique even if a lot less proven for that money 

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Lukaku available for 63 million supposedly, any takers ?

Only 28Million more than wood

24 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I know it was going wide, I remember it at the time. In open play there was no way anyone watching it was confident of that though. 

I'm not sure you can claim that a save from a shot going wide can be classed as one of the best you've ever seen :lol: