Realistic Transfer Targets (2023/24)

joeyt

48 minutes ago, NUFCPAUL said:

Just watching City vs Madrid.

Oh how I would love Jesus here.

Seen hes linked to Arsenal, could he be tempted to us?...

Out of the ones we have been linked with I like Jesus the most - plus he’s Brazilian and I can’t get enough of them 

16 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Potentially. Though according to an Athletic podcast from a couple months back he is one of those players who has an obsession with playing in Spain.

He’s talked a fair bit about moving to Spain previously iirc. Real maybe? 

3 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’m a big fan of Danjuma from Villareal, was great at Bournemouth and has been brilliant for Villareal 

Danjuma was linked with us about a month ago. He's doing great in Spain and is a more direct option to ASM, if we were going to rotate the left forward player. Would be an astute buy.

I’m not so sure we need pace so much as players with a high technical ability and a Diesel engine. We lack players who live moving into space off the ball when we’re in possession. They don’t need to sprint, just to be constantly in motion, aware of their marker’s position and scanning for pockets of space. The Italy midfielders in the final of the euros had no pace between them. But the ability to constantly move positions in passing lanes and triangles means they played through England at will

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Just throwing this out there purely for the crack, but if we had the possibility of getting the England version out of him...

...Harry Maguire?

The thought of Maguire stepping out from the back and bypassing Bruno instead of just looking to play it simple to Bruno is revolting! 

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Just throwing this out there purely for the crack, but if we had the possibility of getting the England version out of him...

...Harry Maguire?

Huge no from me, the fee is an issue and I think his head’s not great. I like him moving forward with the ball but I’d be terrified with him in our defence

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

...Harry Maguire?

Nope. 

5 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Huge no from me, the fee is an issue and I think his head’s not great. I like him moving forward with the ball but I’d be terrified with him in our defence

Even the England version of him? Easy to say like, his Man United form is terrible, but I do wonder about a few of the players there and what they'd be like in a healthier environment

29, would cost a fortune, would blow the wage structure, already has the turning circle and pace of a cargo ship and is very much damaged goods. It’s a no from me, Clive.

Do think he’d benefit from getting out of Man Utd though. 

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Even the England version of him? Easy to say like, his Man United form is terrible, but I do wonder about a few of the players there and what they'd be like in a healthier environment

Sure, if we could transplant that version but international football is so different from club football. There’s way more data / evidence of his struggles at club football. I agree that the players at Man U are all playing like Bruce versions of themselves and someone like Howe could be transformative but it’s far too much of a risk for me, especially considering the fee