Realistic Transfer Targets (2023/24)

joeyt

JWP would be very good in the role Longstaff was occupying yesterday, but from the right rather than left. Given how garbage our crossing in open play is him linking up with Trippier on the right side would improve that no end.

He’s not a particularly progressive player in terms of his passing or carries (we already have Bruno, Willock and Joelinton who are very good at that anyway) but he ranks ridiculously high in shot-creating actions and xA for a poor team like Southampton. It’s something we’re missing.

Edited by Smal

1 minute ago, NUFCPAUL said:

Hope the rumours of Neves are true. 

He would be fantastic.

Not sure if he falls into the JWP category? Could we get away with him & Bruno and still get a more advanced midfielder too or are we looking at a more pure DM behind those two? Happy either way but think I’ve got my heart on Paqueta now, not sure it’d work with two creative midfielders behind him though rather than a ball-winner too.

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Not sure if he falls into the JWP category? Could we get away with him & Bruno and still get a more advanced midfielder too or are we looking at a more pure DM behind those two? Happy either way but think I’ve got my heart on Paqueta now, not sure it’d work with two creative midfielders behind him though rather than a ball-winner too.

Wolves do fine with Neves and Moutinho in a 2.

Neves is a lot more defensive than people realise.

Just now, Consortium of one said:

Ashworth sounds like the guy to mine the lower leagues for inexpensive potential.  Howe, Nixon and the board can identify the big name targets.  Ashworth may be on gardening leave but you can bet he's done a lot of scouting.

Isn’t he more an ‘infrastructure’ and facilities/club overhaul guy, than scouting? 

1 hour ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

I can’t see Ward-Prowse ever leaving Southampton, they’ll price him out of any move, as is their right of course.

Sabitzer will apparently be available for 15m euros this summer by Bayern, something we should be seriously considering.

I'd be ok with Southampton pricing him out of a move tbh, he's obviously got some good skills, but not what we need IMO.

1 hour ago, Consortium of one said:

You're right.  He will be will be but he was an important part of finding and developing the players to fit Potter's approach

From what I saw he was involved with scouting players as much as he picked the starting 11. There was an excellent TV interview floating around where he described himself at the centre of a wheel helping all departments to work together to drive the club forward as a whole. I assume he’ll have a similar role here, recruitment will be done by the recruitment team and development by the coaching staff.

Just now, Groundhog63 said:

Clickbait cunts

Screenshot_20220426_131053_com.android.chrome.jpg

Twice they’ve done that since the weekend, another saying Bruno has told us to sign Paqueta when the quotes in it said nothing of the sort. Might be right but at least back it up with something partially tangible.

3 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Twice they’ve done that since the weekend, another saying Bruno has told us to sign Paqueta when the quotes in it said nothing of the sort. Might be right but at least back it up with something partially tangible.

Aye, it's definitely not worth the grief of accessing their car crash website like 😂

Guest HTT II
30 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Cough - Raheem Sterling,…….

contract almost into final year 

I’ll get my coat …

He’ll be off abroad surely?