Realistic Transfer Targets (2023/24)

joeyt

46 minutes ago, Disco said:

If we’re scouting Lyon then their 18 year old RB, Malo Gusto, looks tasty. 

Had him in FM20, he was mint 

Just watched the game on Saturday back. Bruno was starved of the ball, hence why were resorting to trying to find Joelinton with a long diagonal which ended up in a turnover almost every time. We need a DM/#6 to play alongside Bruno if we continue with playing a midfield 3. Mentioned him a few times now but Boubacar Kamara would be perfect. Kamara-Bruno-Joelinton is a top half PL midfield.

Need another CB given the expected outgoings in the summer. If we can't get Botman I'd look at Badiashile or St. Juste; the latter would give much needed pace at CB which we lack.

Mental how I want us to keep Krafth nowadays. For LB though, signing Targett permanently I'd not be against and it would be the most sensible deal we could make in all honesty. But I'd go for that Aaron Hickey as an understudy if Lewis is going to be moved on. If not, keep Lewis as that second choice.

For wide attackers to take some pressure off of ASM, I'd not be averse to going back in for Lingard on a free. Bergwijn is looking like he's leaving Spurs and I'd take him but he'll probably go back to the Netherlands. Would also think about taking Maxwel Cornet from Burnley if they were to go down, but I don't think they will.

As for a striker, it's the most important part of the summer that we have to get right. We need 2 imo; one main man and a young understudy. For the latter I'd go back in for Ekitike. For the main striker, it's a tough one. Nunez is my dream choice and while there is a slight chance we could get him, he's likely off to Arsenal or Man Utd. Would take Ivan Toney back, his link up play is spot on and has got the goals to go alongside the quasi arrogance. Moussa Dembele is also an option. Victor Osimhen would likely take out ~80% of our budget and dunno if we could lure him here. Tough one.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

27 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Just watched the game on Saturday back. Bruno was starved of the ball, hence why were resorting to trying to find Joelinton with a long diagonal which ended up in a turnover almost every time. We need a DM/#6 to play alongside Bruno if we continue with playing a midfield 3. Mentioned him a few times now but Boubacar Kamara would be perfect. Kamara-Bruno-Joelinton is a top half PL midfield.

Need another CB given the expected outgoings in the summer. If we can't get Botman I'd look at Badiashile or St. Juste; the latter would give much needed pace at CB which we lack.

Mental how I want us to keep Krafth nowadays. For LB though, signing Targett permanently I'd not be against and it would be the most sensible deal we could make in all honesty. But I'd go for that Aaron Hickey as an understudy if Lewis is going to be moved on. If not, keep Lewis as that second choice.

For wide attackers to take some pressure off of ASM, I'd not be averse to going back in for Lingard on a free. Bergwijn is looking like he's leaving Spurs and I'd take him but he'll probably go back to the Netherlands. Would also think about taking Maxwel Cornet from Burnley if they were to go down, but I don't think they will.

As for a striker, it's the most important part of the summer that we have to get right. We need 2 imo; one main man and a young understudy. For the latter I'd go back in for Ekitike. For the main striker, it's a tough one. Nunez is my dream choice and while there is a slight chance we could get him, he's likely off to Arsenal or Man Utd. Would take Ivan Toney back, his link up play is spot on and has got the goals to go alongside the quasi arrogance. Moussa Dembele is also an option. Victor Osimhen would likely take out ~80% of our budget and dunno if we could lure him here. Tough one.

Be pretty underwhelmed with those wide right options, particularly if the 3 in the midfield are the ones you mention as there is not much creativity at all in that side.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Be pretty underwhelmed with those wide right options, particularly if the 3 in the midfield are the ones you mention as there is not much creativity at all in that side.

Bruno is in the top 6% of progressive passers and top 8% for shot creating actions per 90 in the top 5 leagues. Plenty of creativity in him alone, the 3rd midfielder can either be changed between Joelinton, Shelvey or Willock or we could buy another one. Don't really buy the Paqueta links, think they've been created by our fans alone purely because he's Bruno's mate. May be wrong though.

Couldn't think of better realistic wide options; Lingard would still be a solid option for a couple seasons but unless we go abroad and get someone like an Antony (no idea how realistic he is, probably not very) or someone we haven't heard of before I dunno who we could get.

I think it’ll be very interesting to see if we’re back in for Lingard. If we aren’t, it shows major ambition. If we are, it’s a sensible move for the squad in the short-term. I think it’ll give us a good indicator early on in the window about whether we’re going big or not 

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Bruno is in the top 6% of progressive passers and top 8% for shot creating actions per 90 in the top 5 leagues. Plenty of creativity in him alone, the 3rd midfielder can either be changed between Joelinton, Shelvey or Willock or we could buy another one. Don't really buy the Paqueta links, think they've been created by our fans alone purely because he's Bruno's mate. May be wrong though.

Couldn't think of better realistic wide options; Lingard would still be a solid option for a couple seasons but unless we go abroad and get someone like an Antony (no idea how realistic he is, probably not very) or someone we haven't heard of before I dunno who we could get.

I think we need a genuine top class RW option, other than Raphinia who I assume will go somewhere else I can’t think of many, just feel the ones you mentioned would be decent squad options but nothing more. 

30 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Eriksen's passing is sublime but he's been getting bullied a little bit tonight, lost the ball a few times now. Would take him though.

Stick him in a three with Bruno and a DM destroyer type and we'd be laughing.

So many out-of-contract players in the summer, we’d have a field day (and easily stay within FFP) if we convince them of “the project”. Pay parity is a major stumbling block though. Not to mention not being in Europe.

Boubacar Kamara - free

Erikssen - free

Dybala - free

Lingard - free

Andrea Belotti - free

So we’ could have a Defensive mid, two attacking mids, and two strikers, all world-class, without spending a penny on transfer fees. Hypothetically of course. 

38 minutes ago, buzza said:

Berjwin from Spurs leaving in the summer. Supposedly can play anywhere along the front, can´t say I know much about him...

Would be an upgrade on Fraser/Almiron for sure but blows hot and cold like alot of wide forwards/wingers. Scored quite a few "big" goals for Spurs though, has a knack of it.

15 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

According to French sources last year, we bid £34m for Paqueta, before we even signed Bruno. At the time, he didn’t want to leave Lyon and didn’t see the move as a step up. With Bruno now being here, safe from relegation, and having flown over to see the club/fans first hand, I’m pretty certain that view will have changed should we go back in for him. 

https://le10sport.com/football/mercato/exclu-mercato-newcastle-a-offert-40-meur-pour-paqueta-ol-580652

If Howe wants Paqueta then this deal will 100% happen. Heard how close him and Bruno are and Ive no doubt he would be saying great things about the club. Hardly seen anything of him to be honest as dont watch the French League so wondering how high people rate him? 

Zagadou likely to be on a free come the summer. Injury record is appalling, like. I mean, there's a reason Dortmund are not renewing but he's one of those players someone could get lucky with.

The opposite is also true, of course....

2 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Zagadou likely to be on a free come the summer. Injury record is appalling, like. I mean, there's a reason Dortmund are not renewing but he's one of those players someone could get lucky with.

The opposite is also true, of course....

I know absolutely nothing about the kid but we've got to sign him for the song alone