Realistic Transfer Targets (2024/25)

joeyt

2 minutes ago, arnonel said:

Man this kid is good. We should be all over this one. Like him, like I like Arda Guler

Has Argentine legend written all over him

Supposed to be off to Barca, I think? They, Real, Milan etc have all been after him

for the last year or two. 

I don't think we'd go for him but it looks like Chelsea have been offering Wesley Fofana out to teams

He's had a bad season but he'd be pretty great long term replacement for Schar. Would cost a lot

8 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Zaha on a free? Offer him 150k. Would be a great signing.

31 in Nov, been offered 200kpw to stay at Palace which he’s still thinking over. Can see him moving abroad if he doesn’t stay there- to Italy, Spain, Turkey, Saudi…

plus he doesn’t seem to be a ‘team player’ imo- he spends a lot of time wanting yellow cards to be shown, whinging and complaining when he feels aggrieved at petty things- not to mention his age/wage would be seen as a last contract with zero resale which I don’t think the club would be keen for. 

10 minutes ago, Manxst said:

31 in Nov, been offered 200kpw to stay at Palace which he’s still thinking over. Can see him moving abroad if he doesn’t stay there- to Italy, Spain, Turkey, Saudi…

plus he doesn’t seem to be a ‘team player’ imo- he spends a lot of time wanting yellow cards to be shown, whinging and complaining when he feels aggrieved at petty things- not to mention his age/wage would be seen as a last contract with zero resale which I don’t think the club would be keen for. 

The wages and age just don’t fit, not sure about the character either. Is he that much of an upgrade on ASM anyway purely ability wise? I don’t think so.

1 minute ago, duo said:

Have we ever been linked with Arda Guler?

Yep, we’ve supposedly met with him

and his family (his dad is his agent) a month or so ago (in Dubai?) but sounds Barca bound. Dad/agent is wanting 20m in agent commission fees for him to sign, on top of any transfer fee. 

On 29/06/2023 at 11:37, Smal said:

Please can we go get this guy

I’d love it.  I don’t think NUFC should be allowed to field a squad of players without at least one mercurial French winger in it - and ASM is often linked with a move away

11 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Aye that’s fairly unique.  Most lowly extremely 2 footed. 

Obafemi Martins probably the most 2 footed player to Grace our club. 

I’d give that award to Ginola - he was completely two footed 

6 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Lozano from Napoli? Contract expires next summer and I’ve read a few reports that suggest he’s unlikely to sign another.

28 at the end of this month. Good little player but no sell on value.

Plus there's only one winger anyone wants from Napoli! :drool: