Kieran Trippier 'hopefully back soon' (Howe)

Yorkie

Prone to mistakes in the last few games. Made up for it with goal line clearances at Brighton, got away with a couple at Wolves.

He made a bad mistake and he was the one that gave the ball back to Liverpool from just outside the box which led to the corner and second goal. He had his head in his hands when the ball went out for the corner. Great player but was surprised to see chat about Joelinton crossing it, Trippier gave the ball away in our own half. Needs to cut out these mistakes. 

13 minutes ago, Adam P said:

Prone to mistakes in the last few games. Made up for it with goal line clearances at Brighton, got away with a couple at Wolves.

He made a bad mistake and he was the one that gave the ball back to Liverpool from just outside the box which led to the corner and second goal. He had his head in his hands when the ball went out for the corner. Great player but was surprised to see chat about Joelinton crossing it, Trippier gave the ball away in our own half. Needs to cut out these mistakes. 

Yeah I would agree... I think Trips is a fantastic player all round, and a great leader, but he's been a little shaky defensively in the last few games.

Interesting to see his reaction after Isak’s goal on Wednesday. Everybody comes over to congratulate him and Trippier gets there, arms outstretched, as if to say, ‘see, I told you’. Whether he’d been telling him to make that kind of movement or whatever, who knows, but that seemed to be his demeanour.

Can see it here:

https://twitter.com/nufc/status/1565284040651022337?s=21&t=bu7VWQa4hexYpySdOE_skA

4 hours ago, Adam P said:

Going through the posts on various pages, it seems every one of our creative players, struggles with the final ball.

I'll make a crazy prediction and say that will change when Isak plays, and improve exponentially when he plays with Wilson.

4 hours ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Yeah I would agree... I think Trips is a fantastic player all round, and a great leader, but he's been a little shaky defensively in the last few games.

His desire to attack leaves us vulnerable at times, that's the kickback with courageous players [courage is nothing but stupidity when it fails]. But in the Liverpool game he made a vital tackle at one point. He's obviously better protected when Bruno plays.

1 minute ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Love the bloke but thought he had a poor game. Looked like he’d done his hammy at one point but seemed to run it off.

Don't think it helped that he was needing to carry our entire attack on his shoulders for large stretches. There was a period in the second half that felt like forever where everyone seemed too scared to do anything other than get it to Trippier to whip a cross in.

Just now, wormy said:

Don't think it helped that he was needing to carry our entire attack on his shoulders for large stretches. There was a period in the second half that felt like forever where everyone seemed too scared to do anything other than get it to Trippier to whip a cross in.

Yep 100% agree with this. 

• 3 weeks later...