Kieran Trippier 'hopefully back soon' (Howe)

Yorkie

Just now, RS said:

Do you think PIF may have insisted on the sale of the Vermont Hotel players regardless of ffp?

If so expect a few more surprises out the door alongside Tripps. 

Do I think PIF have sanctioned multi-million pound business decisions based on completely made up Twitter rumours?

Nah.

6 hours ago, Nine said:

There’s this assumption that people seem to be running with that our hands are tied and we NEED to sell to balance FFP, yet we are signing 18 year olds from Man City for fees? Or the plan is to get rid of our depreciating assets (Trippier is hardly) mid season? Doesn’t make sense.

I still think it’s nothing more than Bayern pushing for it and seeing what happens on the players side.

It’ll have been buttons spread over a 3 year contract. Manquillo’s wage savings won’t be far off covering it. I see it as similar to what we pod West Ham for Ashby or even less. Ashby had started for their first team.

7 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Nah, if they didn't fire Tonali then they won't be fussed by the hotel lads. Which is just whispers and rumours anyway. 

It’s not “whispers and rumours” FFS 😂

It’s been confirmed repeatedly to be completely made up bullshit from a pair of Sunderland fans.

13 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

If Trippier leaves I'm just gonna blame that "fan" who had a go at him :snod: I'm going to ignore all of the other sensible reasonings behind it.

He actually met up with that fan and gave him some tickets. Fan apologised for behaviour. 

8 hours ago, Disco said:

Understand both views on keeping or flogging him but I think it’ll make us far less robust on the pitch and for off the field unity if he is pied. As well as the wider picture as selling your captain but as many have said we need to be canny sellers for once. 

What a balanced post. :lol:

That’s about size of it, D. There’s plenty of sentiment in the club, but we will be canny in the Scottish sense going forward. It might just make too much business sense to turn down. 

22 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

That’s about size of it, D. There’s plenty of sentiment in the club, but we will be canny in the Scottish sense going forward. It might just make too much business sense to turn down. 

It's not business sense. It's just PSR sense.

Selling one of your most important players for £15m isn't great business sense. It's just decent if you're in PSR trouble or need to make transfers elsewhere because of injuries, suspensions and paying £55m for a player who then gerts banned.

I'm really gonna miss him if/when he goes. Not just on the field, but off it. The little insight we got when Tonali turned up, and Trippier was there to welcome him, make him feel comfortable, that sort of thing goes such a long way. He's always going to be a legend in my eyes, best RB I've ever seen for us by a country mile. On the other hand, Tino could become even better in the end, which is super exciting.

2 hours ago, Shadow Puppets said:

It’s not “whispers and rumours” FFS 😂

It’s been confirmed repeatedly to be completely made up bullshit from a pair of Sunderland fans.

It’s unfortunately not made up 

I'll be gutted to see Trippier leave. He was the first through the door and the standard bearer on and off the pitch.

WIth FFP limiting our spending, him turning 34 this year and a long term replacement already at at the club, it makes perfect sense to cash in and I totally understand it, but there's no doubt it'll leave a huge hole in the squad. Let's hope some of the other leaders in the squad step up and fill the void.

10 hours ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

I would! We need to get our UEFA coefficient up so that we get paid more and are hopefully in a more favourable pot next time we qualify for the CL

Exactly huge coefficient boost(Villas compared to ours is laughable considering the gulf in competitions) and potentially £20m+ income to add. Not to mention much needed European experience for the squad. Ridiculous to say its not worth qualifying for

9 hours ago, bobloblaw said:

It seems clear to me that the club is stockpiling in certain positions so they can sell players on to fund improvement at other positions.  We have Tripps, Tino, Krafth, and Ashby for RB.  It makes total sense to sell an aging player to free up playing time for a younger player, free up FFP wiggle room, and use the money to improve another position.

Stockpiling :lol:

1st is almost 34, second was quality depth/future, 3rd is off in June and 4th is very far from being a PL fullback and likely bought to replace Krafth in the squad.