Kieran Trippier 'hopefully back soon' (Howe)

Yorkie

29 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

It's not business sense. It's just PSR sense.

Selling one of your most important players for £15m isn't great business sense. It's just decent if you're in PSR trouble or need to make transfers elsewhere because of injuries, suspensions and paying £55m for a player who then gerts banned.

Errr well by business sense I mean holding all objectives in mind. Ambitions this season, growth for the future, balancing the books by making use of unforeseen (or engineered/encouraged if required) opportunities, and manager preferences. Trying always to maintain the optimal balance between competing demands. Keeping the public all ‘stakeholders’ informed and relatively happy in the process. This might involve risking a step backwards today to go three forward tomorrow. So I think we are kind of saying the same thing. 

Just now, jack j said:

Shadow Puppets v Toon Jam

The battle of the itks at loggerheads over the vermont scandal

All I can say is that I know someone who is high up at another sporting team in the north east (not football) who knows the owner of the Vermont and he is adamant it’s true as the owner told him. Says they used to be in there all the time. 

10 minutes ago, Toonjam88 said:

All I can say is that I know someone who is high up at another sporting team in the north east (not football) who knows the owner of the Vermont and he is adamant it’s true as the owner told him. Says they used to be in there all the time. 

A hotel owner is adamant that his clients shag hookers in his hotel? Sounds legit. 

So many journalists are the thinnest-skinned people going. They love giving it out and can’t take shit. Fairly sure the reason Hope and Edwards write such awful pieces is because they can’t handle a bit of criticism so they want to troll the fans. It’s playground stuff 

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Yeah, I don’t think they’ll go much beyond £15m, I reckon that would be the limit and I think we’d accept that 

Going with £15m I reckon - at a stretch with add ons we may get 500k

Howe will never leave the british isles for work! However with Bayerns new transfer policy of getting in the English he might be tempted. 

11 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

I'm good either way. Tripps has been magnificent for the club but his age is quickly catching up so if we can cash in now, its ok. He stays, good too. 

I’m not sure there’s any evidence of his age catching up. Just a short period of worse form at the moment. 

6 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I’m not sure there’s any evidence of his age catching up. Just a short period of worse form at the moment. 

Aye. Before this run of bad form he's actually been in fantastic form earlier this season. At least in terms of his creative output.