Kieran Trippier: targeting return for Brighton (h) (Hope)

Yorkie

15 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

That cushioned, volleyed pass for Murphy’s opener …

*chef’s kiss*

Making a habit of those now! His first touch is ridiculously good! 

Edited by CPL

10 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Easily in the top 3 right-backs in the world. When was the last time we had one of the best players in the world playing for us, Shearer?

Shearer remains the only one who, in his prime (for us, his first season), was one of the best players in the world 

Didn’t get to watch the game yesterday but noticed him popping up in the middle. Wonder if this is a tactic we’re going to see when we play Murphy and Murph can hold the width and deliver a killer ball from wide, where as Miggy would come in and create the overload there. I don’t want to be that guy, but he absolutely could play midfield if need be.

He embodies the Howe era at NUFC

First player to take a gamble and come here whilst we were still in the shite

First player on the team sheet

He’s the perfect mix of talent, graft, class, guile, ambition, confidence, maturity and leadership 

Absolutely love him 

Edited by bobbydazzla

Trippier brings back a Keegan memory for me.  I knew Keegan was a class act, but I didn't truly realise how good he was until we signed him.  Same for Trippier.   Both top, top class players, who for me, exceeded my expectations.

Don't think Ive ever been more comfortable with a Newcastle player, he just doesn't make mistakes and everything he does is pure class. He's not just the best right back (by some distance) I've ever seen for us, he's simply one of the best players I've seen for us. 

2 hours ago, Rafalove said:

Who is actually better than him? James, Cancelo, Koundè, Hakimi, Walker?

I wouldn’t say any of those are clearly ‘better’ than him. Some have different strengths and weaknesses but he’s up there with the very best. 

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

He could keep doing this for another 5+ seasons if he gets lucky with injuries IMO. 

Even if he slows down a bit he could start playing inside more like a lot of fullbacks do now. 

Not good news for Livramento :lol:

He's started coming inside more already. I think he's talked about it as well, more as a tactical thing than a plan to give him more longevity.

Every match this guy does at least one thing that makes me disbelieve I'm watching a Newcastle player. His assist for Murphy yesterday being one. He's sublime, so classy, plus he's got a brilliant attitude, clearly values coaching, and what I especially like is that you regularly see him trying to make our other players do better. What a fucking player man.

16 hours ago, Rafalove said:

Who is actually better than him? James, Cancelo, Koundè, Hakimi, Walker?

They are all very different types of fullback, and you could argue that Cancelo and Hakimi almost aren't fullbacks at all so that skews their attacking statistics so much. Trippier is far more balanced than any of those other than perhaps James.